Zip Files disappear after upload

BlompSupport

Re: Zip Files disappear after upload

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:04 am

Hi again, Blomper,

Good day!
You should be able to upload your files again after following the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Clear your caches. Here is one way to clear them:

Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + Del.
Linux: Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button.
Or, hold down Ctrl and press F5.
Refresh your web page.

2. Log out from your Blomp account and log back in again.

3. After you complete all of the above-mentioned steps, try uploading your files. Please note that it may take some time for them to appear in your account. Do not interrupt the uploading process until your files are fully uploaded.

Kindly let us know if the upload is successful.

Best Regard,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:32 am

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to use the Blomp Go client software rather than the web client.

Thanks

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:18 am

Hello Blomper,

You have also mentioned that you tried to upload your files via the web as well. This is what you have mentioned in the comment section.
I have also previously tried using the web interface to upload the zip file but I get a zero byte filesize for the zip file and also a folder of the same name of my zip file. Within that folder, I get a "segment" subfolder with further numeric sub folders. Clearly something was wrong so I deleted that file yesterday, rebooted my PC and tried again using the thick client software on Linux (described above)
Kindly follow the instructions we have sent you previously and let us know if the issue is fixed or still having trouble uploading your files. Always make sure that you use the latest version of Blomp.

Remember that we are doing our best to help you.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:25 am

Yes, I have also used the web interface but that was out of desperation. I much prefer the client software but I'll follow your advice and see what happens. I just wanted to make sure before trying to upload as the zip files are so big that they take hours. Also, I noticed that the web interface is much slower than the client software. I'm sure you understand why I required clarification.

However, this has confused me.
BlompSupport wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:18 am

Always make sure that you use the latest version of Blomp.
If you want me to use the web interface, why tell me to use the latest version of Blomp?

Thank for your continued help on this matter. I am very grateful.

Darren

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:22 am

Hello Blomper,

We hope you are having a fantastic day.

We apologize for the confusion.

The following comment concerns the Blomp App.
Always make sure that you use the latest version of Blomp.
If you are using Blomp Go or Blomp Live, please ensure that you install the latest version.

Regarding your experience with a slow web interface, please be informed that when our developers are working in the background, you may experience a slow interface. We understand if you prefer using the Blomp App. For your information, we are performing a few tests regarding your upload issues. I will let you know when we will have an update.

In the meantime, please follow all the troubleshooting steps we sent you in the previous comment and let us know if your uploading issue is fixed.

If you have more questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:30 am

I think we have crossed wires. I felt you were telling me that I MUST use the web client as your instructions were all based around that method. I now think you're saying that I can use the thick client too?

Anyway, I used the web client (Firefox - Lubuntu 20.04) and my 6 Gb file uploaded! Yey! The speed was faster than expected too. Result!

Once the upload was complete, I left it alone and checked for this morning (a day between upload and checking).

The web interface looked file:
screen2.jpg

As a matter of interest, I checked Blomp Go:
screen.jpg

(Please note that I've modified the filenames in these images)

I see that Blomp Go shows 2 entries for this zip file. One is a zero byte file, the other is a folder with a "segment" subfolder containing several other numeric subfolders.

Using the web client, I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it. I compared the filesize and the number of files with the original and they seem identical.

So, in short, it seems to work but with a hiccup in the Blomp Go interface.

I'll try the remaining bigger zip files at a later date as they take so long to upload.

Thanks again

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:42 pm

Hello Blomper,

We are happy that you are able to upload your large files again. 8-)

Thank you for sending screenshots and all of the details regarding your upload! We appreciate it.

We are working on resolving the issue that you experienced with BlompGo.
Our tech team is informed that the uploaded file appears twice in your account and the other issues that occurred. I will let you know once I have their feedback.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Have a great Friday.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support