Zip Files disappear after upload

darrenj77

Zip Files disappear after upload

Post by darrenj77 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:35 am

I've been struggling like crazy for quite a while and am close to giving up on Blomp. However, I've invested a lot of time zipping up my archives so would like some help please.

I'm using Blomp client software on Windows 10 (Blomp Go?). I've also used the Linux version and the web interface with varied success.

In short, after uploading a large zip file (6 Gb), after the upload, I get this icon:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.79 KiB) Viewed 984 times
What does the icon with the exclamation mark mean?

Once I log out, the uploaded file disappears. I have this problem with a few large ZIP files (one is 19 Gb). As you can appreciate, these take all day to upload then I lose them.

BlompSupport

Re: Zip Files disappear after upload

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 am

Hi Blomper,

We apologize that your files disappeared after uploading to Blomp. :(

Don't worry! We are here to help. The issue has been reported to the tech team, and they are working on resolving it.

Thank you for providing all the details regarding the problem. We appreciate it.

I will inform you when the team fixes the issue. ;)

Cheers,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:18 pm

Happy Thursday, Blomper,

We have some good news for you! :D

The issue with uploading files on Blomp has been fixed. Kindly try to upload your files again and let us know if it works.

However, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Blomp, clear your caches, and refresh the page.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 am

I'm sorry to report that after yet another overnight attempt, my zip file apparently uploaded and I was greeted with another exclamation mark icon (as per my original post). This time, I chose a 5.9 Gb zip file. You didn't explain what the exclamation icon signifies in you last reply.

After logging out of Blomp 0.9.14, (Linux) I lose the file completely. I then tried the web interface but I have used 0 bytes and again, the file has completely gone,

Blomb version in Linux:
screen2.jpg
No space used:
screen3.jpg
I have also previously tried using the web interface to upload the zip file but I get a zero byte filesize for the zip file and also a folder of the same name of my zip file. Within that folder, I get a "segment" subfolder with further numeric sub folders. Clearly something was wrong so I deleted that file yesterday, rebooted my PC and tried again using the thick client software on Linux (described above)

Can you please help? I'm reluctant to give in as I've spent so much effort here.

Many thanks

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:05 am

Hey Blomper! 😊

We're really sorry to hear that you're still having trouble uploading files on Blomp. 😔

Our tech team is on the case, digging into what's happening. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them, and I'll also address that pesky error message you've been getting. 🛠️

Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 am

Hello Blomper,

We appreciate your patience as we investigate the issue you're experiencing with file uploads.

Could you please specify which Linux distribution you are using?

Thank you for providing us with this information.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:51 am

I have tried using Windows 10 and Linux with the same results so I'm not convinced it's a client software issue (but I could be wrong - you're the experts).

For completeness, I use Lubuntu 20.04

I hope this helps.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:42 am

Hello darrenj77,

Great! Thank you for the information.
We are working on resolving the uploading issue. We will perform some tests on both Windows 10 and Linux in order to detect the issue and I will let you know when it's fixed.

Thank you for the collaboration!

Have a great day.
- Blomp support

darrenj77

Post by darrenj77 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:03 am

Thanks for the reply.

My troublesome files are huge (5.9 Gb and 13.8 Gb) so it takes ages for me to upload them to learn that they've failed. I've been experimenting with Win 10 and Linux so while it may appear that I've given up, I haven't. It just takes so long to test.

Anyway, I've also had some issues with smaller ZIP files (approx. 2 Gb) which don't take so long to upload. Same problem, same icon.....but it's a quicker way for me to test both in Win 10 and Linux. The good news is that I'm making progress by using different ways to zip my files. Some zip files work fine using the "compress" option in Linux but these 2 Gb zip files only upload if I zip them in Windows 10.

So, in short, I'm making progress with the smaller zip files, I just need time to upload the original big files.

I hope this helps.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

Hey Blomper,

Hope you're having a great day!

We completely understand your situation, and we're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. :(
Just to let you know, we're currently working on fixing the issue you've encountered. We've identified some errors and we're in the process of resolving them, along with running some tests to ensure everything works smoothly.

Thanks a ton in advance for your patience and cooperation. I'll keep you posted if we need any more info from you or when we've got good news to share. 😊

Thanks again for choosing Blomp services, and here's to wishing you a fantastic day ahead!

Regards,
- Blomp support