Earned space lost, confirmed addresses not synched with system

richard63

Earned space lost, confirmed addresses not synched with system

Post by richard63 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 pm

When I became a member in 2020, I invited several people.

I still have the emails that they confirmed their email addresses and that I earned 20 GB extra for all of them.
That were 3 persons, so I should have 80 GB in total including my own account.

Now I was checking, and I don't know when, maybe when there was some issue with the Blomp servers, I don't know, but now I only got 40 GB while I should have 80 GB of space.

2 of the invited mail addresses are now suddenly set to "not verified" while I'm 100% sure, and got confirmation the 20 GB were added to my account.
So that is 20 for my own account and 2x20GB for my invites. But now I only have 1 invite still acknowledged and the other 2 not anymore so I lost 40 GB space. But I do have the e-mail confirmation of both accounts from november 10 and 11 in 2020 when they were confirmed and in both mails 20 GB extra was to be added to my account. And from the 3rd one which was added in january 2021. This is the only one which is still stated as verified.
So this is 80 GB in total.
And I log in -every- day!!

This night my daughter (living with her Friend) also registered and I have got confirmation of that from Blomp with the reward of 20 GB mentioned.
So I should in fact now have 100 GB while my Dashboard keeps saying I have 40 GB and the mail address from my daughter is stated as "not verified" while in fact it was verified (like the others were) and I had confirmation mail of that from Blomp.

So it seems the synchronisation between confirmed e-mails is lacking from the system and for this reason suddenly I lost (at this moment including my daughter's registration) 100 GB.

Please fix.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Re: Earned space lost, confirmed addresses not synched with system

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 am

Dear Blomper,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about the issue with the invitation emails and the lost storage.

No need to worry at all! We're here to lend a hand with a smile :)

Could you please help us out by providing the invitation emails that have been registered but seem to appear as not verified? Additionally, if you can send us the confirmation emails showing that they have confirmed the invitation, that would be super helpful.

A quick heads up: it's really important to keep all your email invites active to hang onto the free storage you've earned. If they're deactivated (meaning not logged in for 30 days), you'll automatically lose the free storage associated with those invites.

Thanks a bunch, and I hope you have a fantastic day ahead - because you deserve it!

Warm regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

richard63

Post by richard63 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:57 am

BlompSupport wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 am
Dear Blomper,

A quick heads up: it's really important to keep all your email invites active to hang onto the free storage you've earned. If they're deactivated (meaning not logged in for 30 days), you'll automatically lose the free storage associated with those invites.

Thanks a bunch, and I hope you have a fantastic day ahead - because you deserve it!

Warm regards,
Hello.
Oke this last one I wasn't aware of at the time. I send them a mail and they indeed stopped using Blomp after some time.

My daughter has verified her account but did not install Blomp yet, probably going to do that within a few days so I presume that will be allright then.

Now 2 questions are remained.
1.) 1 of the verified accounts, who stopped using Blomp, is planning to use Blomp again and asked me to send him an invitation link again.
Must I do that, or can he just use his existing account if it still exist?
If he starts using that account again without extra invitation, do I get my 20 GB extra back on my account? Since that mail address is still registered in my account, although not validated anymore?

2.) Suppose I have 40 GB and 35 GB in use. Now the 1 person I got the extra 20 GB from stops using Blomp, so I loose my rights to the extra 40 GB. But what happens to the 15 GB of data then? Because I didn't get any warning now.
Also I didn't get a notification of your forum reply while I did had the notification box ticked.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:50 am

Dear Blomper,

I hope your day is going well! 😊

If your daughter has stopped using Blomp, her account is deactivated, resulting in the loss of your storage. To regain the storage, ensure that if you send her a new invitation, she not only verifies her account but also registers on Blomp via the website or app. It's crucial that her account remains active by logging in at least once every 30 days.

Here are the answers to your questions:

If a previous invitee who hasn't deactivated wants to use Blomp again, send them a new invitation link. Upon verification and registration, you'll receive 20 GB of free storage in your Blomp account. Your invitees don't need to invite others for you to maintain the free storage; they only need to register and remain active.

If they invite new friends, they'll receive an additional 20GB of storage per invite. Each Blomp user can invite a maximum of 9 people and receive up to 200 GB of free storage. You can monitor the status of all your invites in the "Get more space" section of your Blomp account.

If you lose storage due to a deactivated invitation or exceed your available storage, your files will be retained in the account for 90 days. After 90 days, you'll lose your files until you reach the available storage, which is a minimum of 20 GB for users on the basic plan. However, you can always acquire additional storage through new invites or by upgrading your account to one of our premium plans. For more information, please visit https://www.blomp.com/ or check the "billing and plan" section in your Blomp account.

I hope this clarifies things for you. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

richard63

Post by richard63 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:51 am

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the system does not allow that.

1.) My daughter did register and e-mail was verified, but probably she did not log back in yet, so maybe for that reason it's still not stated as verified yet.

2.)
If a previous invitee who hasn't deactivated wants to use Blomp again, send them a new invitation link. Upon verification and registration, you'll receive 20 GB of free storage in your Blomp account. Your invitees don't need to invite others for you to maintain the free storage; they only need to register and remain active.
Unfortunately that is not possible, the system does not allow that. When I try to send an invite to a mail address which went to "unverified" because the account wasn't used again, then I get this message in the system:
Something went wrong

Something went wrong. You have already sent invitation to friend@domain.nl
ofcourse I masked his mail address.

Also there is a space missing between "to" and the mail address. The actual error message is showing:
....sent invitation tofriend@domain.nl
3.) I understand the 90 day period, that is good to hear. However, in that case I should be notified by e-mail. It seems Blomp's mailservers are not sending out any mail.
I didn't receive any warning about the accounts becoming unverified again. Also from your answers here to the forum, i didn't get any email notification, and I do have set email notification to active.

And I'm my own hoster so I checked the mailserver logs, no connection attemp was even made from Blomp.

So still some issues to resolve. :)
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm

Hello Richard,

You are welcome. ;)

Please explain what you mean by "Unfortunately the system does not allow that?" If you're referring to the invitation link issue, it's already been reported, and our team is currently investigating it.

Regarding your previous inquiries:
1.) My daughter did register and e-mail was verified, but probably she did not log back in yet, so maybe for that reason it's still not stated as verified yet.
1.If you sent your daughter a new invitation link or if you're referring to the initial one, please note that the invitation link expires in 60 days. Your daughter needs to register on Blomp using the invitation link you provided to verify her account. After her registration, you'll receive your free 20GB of storage.

If you've sent her a new invitation link and she registers but the 20GB doesn't reflect on your account, please share your daughter's email address and the confirmation email of her registration with Blomp.

Just to ensure we're aligned, here's a reminder on how to invite a friend to Blomp:

1.Log in to your Blomp account.
2.Click on "Get more space."
3.Add your friends' email addresses in the "Get more space" section to invite them to Blomp.
4.Click "send."

It's important to ensure that your friends not only register but also remain active. Inactive friends may lead to a loss of your free storage. You can keep track of all your invites in the "Get more space" section.
2. Unfortunately that is not possible, the system does not allow that. When I try to send an invite to a mail address which went to "unverified" because the account wasn't used again, then I get this message in the system:
2.We're actively investigating the reported issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If you have any additional details or a screenshot of the error, please don't hesitate to share it with us.
3. I understand the 90 day period, that is good to hear. However, in that case I should be notified by e-mail. It seems Blomp's mailservers are not sending out any mail.
3. Regarding storage limits, if you exceed your available storage after 90 days, you'll receive an email notification from us. Currently, we're addressing an ongoing attack, so please refrain from clicking on any links you receive from the email support@blomp.com!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these issues.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

richard63

Post by richard63 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:29 pm

Hello support.

Thank you for your quick reply.

1.) My daughter did accept the invitation and did register. I did get an email from Blomp that the account was verified and I earned another 20 GB.
The only thing she has -not- done yet after registration and verifying her e-mail account, is logging in again at Blomp or install the app. I presume this is automatically fixed after point 2 is fixed too, which is already being looked at.

2.) Thank you very much for investigating. More screenshots are not present as no more screens are shown, only the screen with the error which is easy to reproduce.

Next to that, maybe also interesting for you, If I click any of the e-mails present (verified or not) this screen appears:

3.) The problem is that I lost 40 GB in the past years and never got such e-mail notification. Neither did I get any notification of responses made on the forum. So it seems your mailserver is not sending out any mail.
However, due to the attack you are investigating, this is not of high importance so you can investigate the mail server issues later on. I don't mind. :)
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 am

Hello Richard,

You are welcome! :)
1.) My daughter did accept the invitation and did register. I did get an email from Blomp that the account was verified and I earned another 20 GB.
The only thing she has -not- done yet after registration and verifying her e-mail account, is logging in again at Blomp or install the app. I presume this is automatically fixed after point 2 is fixed too, which is already being looked at.
Congratulations on unlocking your free 20GB storage! 🎉 When your invites sign up to Blomp through your invitation link, you receive an additional 20GB of free storage.

Something went wrong

Something went wrong. You have already sent invitation to friend@domain.nl
Regarding your previous concern about the error message you mentioned, please ensure that you are not inviting someone to whom you've already sent an invitation. Our platform doesn't allow users to invite the same person twice.

If you encounter issues inviting someone new, kindly provide us with the email address, and we'll investigate further.

Can you please explain what you mean by
Next to that, maybe also interesting for you, If I click any of the e-mails present (verified or not) this screen appears:
If possible, please provide a screenshot or screen recording of how you are getting this error as the user invites in the "Get more space" section are not clickable.
3. The problem is that I lost 40 GB in the past years and never got such e-mail notification. Neither did I get any notification of responses made on the forum. So it seems your mailserver is not sending out any mail.
I see what you mean Richard. Our system doesn't send email notifications when an invite gets deactivated. Users can check their invite status under the "Get More Space" section in their profile.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. If you have additional questions please let us know.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Have an awesome day as you are 8-)
- Blomp support

richard63

Post by richard63 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:02 am

Hello there Bomp Support.

1.) No still nothing received, except the mail with congratulations that I got an extar 20 GB storage, which I didn't. In the blomp system my daughters e-mail still is present as unverified. I will ask here later to login.

2.) Please look at my previous post. I wanted to re-invite somebody who I had invited several years ago. And I got the advise from you to invite them again. Which is not possible.

I would like to send you a little movie on what is happening, but please provide an email address I can send this too, as I'm not willing to post their e-mail addresses here on the forum publicly.
The error on the screenshot occurs when I click on the "not verified" button, which is clickable.

3.)
Our system doesn't send email notifications when an invite gets deactivated.
Oke then I understand that part. However, your forum doesn't send notification of reply's either.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:55 am

Hi Richard,

I trust you had a wonderful weekend.

Thank you for sending further details regarding the issues you're encountering. Rest assured, we are currently investigating your account.

1,2 - Please send us their email address via DM, and we will promptly address the issue. However, ensure that they have registered via the invitation link you provided them.

Additionally, we send notifications for replies to your Blomp account. Kindly review your "Notifications" section, accessible from the right corner of your Blomp account.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support