Unable to upload / sync not showing

varie

Unable to upload / sync not showing

Post by varie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:38 am

Hello,

Using either the web (chrome) or the win10 client (0.9.13) no files end up showing after I upload them.

I am placing an encrypted server backup file of 16gb in 7zip format, in either one it loads, uploads, and "seems" completed. storage reduced, soon as I logout or refresh all my files are gone and storage reset back to 40gb free.

I've uploaded 3 times now for nothing and it's such a waste of time.

This is my first time using your service. Is it always like this and i just shouldn't bother? or is there something wrong on the backend? can i not use encrypted files? I don;t get what the problem is.

Thanks.

BlompSupport

Re: Unable to upload / sync not showing

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:33 am

Hello Blomper,

Thank you for being part of our Blomp community. :) I understand your concern, and I am here to help.

For your information, we have released the new Blomp version last week.

1. Please make sure that you uninstall the previous version and use the latest Blomp version as this may be the reason of your issue.
2. Also, kindly clear your caches and refresh the website.
3. Try to upload your file again and let us know if the issue is fixed.

If you have done all the above and still have issues, please contact us and send us a screenshot of any error messages, in case there are any.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

varie

Post by varie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:25 pm

Ok I'll try (again) uploading the 16gb file later this afternoon and post back.

Can you answer the rest of my questions please?

Not a good start to a company if I'm honest with generic paste replies.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:01 am

Hello Blomper,

We regret if our response seemed generic. :? Our intention was to offer troubleshooting steps, but we understand the need for a more personalized approach.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by our initial response and for the challenges you've encountered. Allow us to address your concerns directly:

Is this experience typical? Should I continue using Blomp, or is there a backend issue? Can I upload encrypted files?
Rest assured, your experience is not typical, and we're dedicated to resolving any issues promptly. You're welcome to upload encrypted files to Blomp for added security.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Blomp, as many reported issues have been resolved through updates. Your satisfaction and trust are important to us, and we're committed to ensuring a positive experience.

Please feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or need assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

varie

Post by varie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:45 pm

Well sorry to say I just wasted more time uploading 30+ gigs in both the freshly installed client and wiped browser to only get the same thing.

Nothing. it wipes the file soon as I close. Why I don't know. In the end guess I don't really care anymore it's just too much of a hassle and just wanted to post proof for you. It's too unreliable for anything business oriented which is why I signed up to test, so I have my answer and I cant waste more time on this sorry.

In addition, your "log" file is plain text and you can read the user login/password directly. Super unsecure and a huge risk! why would an "encryption" file program use plain text??? OR log something like that to begin with?

This is the nail in the coffin of why I'm going to find a different encrypted service.

Yours needs a lot of work, good luck improving it.
Attachments
blomp failure.JPG

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:16 am

Dear Varie,

We are sorry to hear that you are leaving us :(. We want you to know that we do care about our community and that we love you, so if you decide to come back, the door is always wide open for you. <3 :)

Before you go, please read what we have to say.

Regarding your issue with uploading files, the tech team is already checking it, and I will let you know when the issue will be fixed.

When it comes to your comment that our services are "not secure," our community of thousands of users will disagree with you. But hey, you are new to the space, and it's normal to have doubts about services you know very little about. To better understand our services, we recommend checking our FAQs at https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... efc6aac351. After you have read the FAQ section (by the way, a new FAQ section is coming up soon), if you still think that Blomp is not for you, we wish you good luck on your journey.

In the Blomp community, there is only space for love and positive vibes.

We also want you to know that we are constantly working on improving our services, and we are at your disposal if you have further questions for us.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

varie

Post by varie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm

That's twice now you failed to read what I wrote in multiple posts in your "upset" state.

I said you log the user details in plain text - plain text that can be read directly. This is very unsecure and why?? to begin with were/are you logging user/pass in the local install in plain text???? I was warning you it can be read directly (in 2 different means actually.) there is no point in having the entire program, tunnel, hashing, backend everything! encrypted when you can just TAKE THE PASSWORD that is (for some reason stored) in plain text on the machine - then use it to gain access TO the encrypted tunnel and files. wow.

Your hot headed replies really don't help the cause and had you read and answered differently maybe I would have been more inclined to help you bugfix but now forget it - lost cause in your upset state at defending the buggy software. I am honestly just writing this to warn others but you'll probably just delete this entire thread anyways. oh well.

I'll be moving on yes I'm not angry by the way, I'm quite happy this happened now and not 1TB deep on a paid subscription.

Good luck with your software!