No more Z drive at every reboot.

philistin

No more Z drive at every reboot.

Post by philistin » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 pm

I installed BlompLive and Blomp Go on Windows 11. The Z Drive appeared. But every time I start and reboot my Z Drive disappears and I have to reinstall Blomp Go. The systray icon doesn't appear either. If I don't reinstall Blomp Go I can't access my Z Drive. The app in the systray for Windows is designed so that you can't go into the settings to make changes. And why BlompLive and Blomp Go? What's the difference?

BlompSupport

Re: No more Z drive at every reboot.

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:43 am

Hello Blomper,

Thank you for bringing the Z-Drive issue to our attention, and we also appreciate your participation in our fantastic Blomp community! :)

Firstly, let us answer your question regarding Blomp Go and Blomp Live.

Blomp has two free software suites that we fully support and update for you: Blomp Live and Blomp Go. Blomp Live is currently available for Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux, with iOS support in a few weeks. Blomp Go is a virtual drive service and is available in the GUI for Windows. But that's not the best part!

Blomp doesn't require you to use our cloud storage software—although we think it's fast, secure, and easy to use. You can use any compatible software you'd like! Since Blomp uses a state-of-the-art object storage system, you can use software written for OpenStack, S3, or others. We fully support Veritas, rclone Cyberduck, Duplicati, Dropshare, Expandrive, CloudMounter, StackSync, Apache Spark, and many other popular free and open-source packages! There are a ton of tutorials out there for IBM's Bluemix, OVH, memset, Rackspace Cloud Files, NetApp, QuantaStor, Fujitsu, and Nexenta.

Now, to fix your issue, we kindly ask you to answer the following questions so our team can address the problem.

1.Are you saying that your Z Drive disappears every time you start your PC? So, to get it back, do you always have to reinstall Blomp Go?
2.What issues do you have with the system tray icon? Does it also disappear every time you start your PC?
3.Kindly explain what you mean by this: "The app in the system tray for Windows is designed so that you can't go into the settings to make changes." If possible, can you send us screenshots of the issue, please?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

philistin

Post by philistin » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:31 am

Hello, thank you for your quick answer.

What I'm looking for with Blomp is to have a virtual disk on my workstation where I can store and manage my files and which synchronizes with my drive in the cloud, like Google Drive and DropBox.

Now, to answer your questions:

1.Are you saying that your Z Drive disappears every time you start your PC? So, to get it back, do you always have to reinstall Blomp Go?
Correct.

2.What issues do you have with the system tray icon? Does it also disappear every time you start your PC?
Correct. I have to reinstall Blomp Go to have it back in the systray. When I click on the Blomp Go icom from my start menu it says Blomp Go is already running, but no icon in the systray, no Z drive either.

3.Kindly explain what you mean by this: "The app in the system tray for Windows is designed so that you can't go into the settings to make changes." If possible, can you send us screenshots of the issue, please?
To do this, I need to have the icon in systray and to get this icon I have to "still" proceed with the reinstallation. Usually when clicking on the systray icon from any software I should have access to the setings and, in our case, the ability to change the drive letter, sync manually, view recently updated files, etc. Here, I only have "Information" that opens my account in a webpage but not the software settings nor a dashboard where I can see the total storage capacity, the capacity used, if I want it to start with windows or not, cache location, etc. It may not be offered or available yet, but it's definitely a nice to have. Your 20GB offer, which can go up to 200GB, is really attractive, but if the cost is to reinstall Blomp Go every time I start up to access my files, it shows that the solution is neither reliable nor viable, and doesn't make it a winning solution.
See attachments
Attachments
Right click on systray icom
Right click on systray icom
Blomp right click.jpg (5.05 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Yes it's running after a cold boot but no Z drive
Yes it's running after a cold boot but no Z drive
Blomp is running.jpg (10.2 KiB) Viewed 2417 times

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:46 pm

Hello Blomper,

You're welcome. :D

Wow! We love your detailed answer 8-) Thank you so much!!!
Your issue is being reported to the tech team. We will let you know when it's fixed or if we have further questions.

Thank you for making Blomp a better user-friendly space. ;)

Wishing you a great day ahead.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:15 am

Dear Blomper,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your patience. For your information, yesterday we released the new version of Blomp. We kindly ask you to uninstall the old version and install the new Blomp version. Let us know if your issue with the Z-Drive is now fixed.

We appreciate your collaboration and wish you a good day.

Kind Regards,
- Blomp support

philistin01

Post by philistin01 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Hey !
Still not working and no updates from your side.
Too bad, your project was promising.
I've no time to loose on truffs that doesn't work, I'll find another alternative elsewhere and delete my account here.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 am

Hello Blomper,

We're really sorry to hear that you're still encountering issues with your Z-Drive. 😞 But hey, we're here to help!

Just so you know, if you ever decide to part ways, remember that you're always welcome back with open arms.

Before you make any decisions, though, we want to make sure you're caught up:

We've reached out to you before, but it seems we haven't heard back from you yet.

If you missed our latest comment regarding your open ticket "No more Z drive at every reboot," here's what we said:

"Dear Blomper,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your patience. For your information, yesterday we released the new version of Blomp. We kindly ask you to uninstall the old version and install the new Blomp version. Let us know if your issue with the Z-Drive is now fixed.

We appreciate your collaboration and wish you a good day.

Kind Regards, "

Have you had the chance to uninstall the previous Blomp version and install the latest one as we suggested?

And most importantly, is the issue still persisting after doing that?

We really appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support