Files disappeared

arkadon

Files disappeared

Post by arkadon » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:37 am

Hello,
I have uploaded files within roughly 120GB (or even more) to my blomp space and now it says 180 GB available, all my files disappeared. While uploading files I also noticed that having uploaded files instead of zip archive it shows like a folder with .zip ext and folder "segment" inside. What is that? Please advise

arkadon

Re: Files disappeared

Post by arkadon » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:42 am

ImageAlso iniaitlly after inviting 9 people I got 200 GB and now it it only 180GB. Why is that so?

life8607

Post by life8607 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:51 pm

yo, im just a noobie on the forum but the 200GB is only there for as long as the invited people login every 30 days if not the GB disapear.

would just advice to pay 99cents for 250gb.

no clue why you are losing files on upload, i have no issues myself, are you using rclone? or the CLI from blomp itself?

arkadon

Post by arkadon » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:58 am

life8607 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:51 pm
yo, im just a noobie on the forum but the 200GB is only there for as long as the invited people login every 30 days if not the GB disapear.

would just advice to pay 99cents for 250gb.

no clue why you are losing files on upload, i have no issues myself, are you using rclone? or the CLI from blomp itself?
Dude, thanks for the notice of 30days, didn't know that, I'll try to find out, it must be the reason.
For uploading I use blomp live for windows and through blomp site auth.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:28 am

Hey there,

First of all, life8607, wow, great job answering a fellow Blomper. You answered correctly. As long as the people you have invited are active, you can keep your storage :) In addition, regarding the 30 days, yes, you need to log in at least once in 30 days so you can be considered "Active".
Here is the link for you in case you need it - https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... 6f5376572c

Second, here is the link for all the questions you might have - https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... 6f5376572c

Nevertheless, if you have any questions, you can come to us! :)
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

life8607

Post by life8607 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:33 am

hmm, i read the documentation provided by blomp but havent seen why that happend, but they will fix it sooner then later.
i've joined less then a month ago and every question i have (except 1) has been solved so i think it will be fixed too.

you could try using rclone and save this in a file called rclone.conf

Code: Select all

[blomp_subscription]
type = swift
user = YOUR_EMAIL_HERE
key = PASSWORD_OF_YOUR_ACCOUNT
auth = https://authenticate.blomp.com
#auth = https://authenticate.ain.net
tenant = storage
auth_version = 2
endpoint_type = public
leave_parts_on_error = true
chunk_size = 1P
no_chunk = false

[blomp_subscription_encrypted]
type = crypt
remote = blomp_subscription:ENTER_YOUR_EMAIL_HERE
password = ENTER_A_SECURE_PASSWORD_HERE
Then you can call the mount under any letter your like.

You call this function for a non-encrypted mount --> meaning you can access your files normally from the website:

rclone.exe "blomp_subscription:YOUR_EMAIL_HERE" Y: --config rclone.conf --attr-timeout 8700h --vfs-cache-mode writes --dir-cache-time 1m --vfs-read-chunk-size 0 --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 --no-checksum --no-modtime --transfers 32
you call this function for a encrypted mount that can only be read by rclone by using the password from the "blomp_subscription_encrypted --> password.

rclone.exe "blomp_subscription_encrypted:" Z: --config rclone.conf --attr-timeout 8700h --vfs-cache-mode writes --dir-cache-time 1m --vfs-read-chunk-size 0 --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 --no-checksum --no-modtime --transfers 32
Now if you want to move any file to your drive you can copy it on the mounted drive or use a command like below to copy it via the official rclone copy. (i advice copy, as move and sync have different functions in rclone, and you can lose data if used incorrectly.

1) rclone.exe copy "C:\Somedirectory" blomp_subscription:YOUR_EMAIL_HERE"/SOME_FOLDER_ON_BLOMP/" --config rclone_config.conf  --transfers=50 --progress
2) rclone.exe copy "C:\Somedirectory" blomp_subscription_encrypted:"/SOME_FOLDER_ON_BLOMP/" --config rclone_config.conf  --transfers=50 --progress
note that official support for rclone and blomp is not there but the documentation states that you can use any 3rd party application if you like.

i prefer rclone over anything as i use it to backup things via a script.
The flags can be checked on rclone official website to what they do, but the above configuration should work for anyone using blomp.

i hope it helps you or anyone else on the forum.