Files show in Blomp App (IOS/Mac) but wont show in Browser window? Are they uploaded?

davidrl

Files show in Blomp App (IOS/Mac) but wont show in Browser window? Are they uploaded?

Post by davidrl » Wed May 18, 2022 4:06 am

Hi, I selected some files to upload using the Blomp app on MacBook Air IOS.

First I uploaded the directories (which I expected to upload the files as well). It showed the directories in the Blomp App (but no files), So then separately uploaded the files (directory by directory - which was a bit of a pain having to select each file from a long list). And it then shows the files in the Blomp App (didnt show uploading, or progress, just showed them there instantly - whereas I know it takes time to upload files).

At any rate, I can not see EITHER the files or the directory in BLOMP using the browser version. The files show in the app version on the Mac, but not on the Browser version on the same PC.

Which do I believe - the App (uploaded!!) or the Browser (nothing uploaded)?

Any clues.

Second Question
Also, I got some of my earlier uploads wrong and the directories are not in the main directory I want in Blomp. How can I MOVE files and directories in Blomp. DO I have to download and re-upload them. Or like any PC can I just move them in Blomp so they are sub-directories of my main categories? How do I do this.

Thanks all
cheers

BlompSupport

Re: Files show in Blomp App (IOS/Mac) but wont show in Browser window? Are they uploaded?

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm

Hello Blomper,

First question; The app will upload the files on its own. Once the server has processed them they will appear on the dashboard. Occasionally the dashboard is cached and may update a bit later.

Second question; how about you try copying and pasting them? That is:
Step 1 - Right click on the folder you want to copy and click "copy"
Step 2- Open the folder you want to move your file
Step 3 - Right click your mouse and click paste.
You will now see your files being moved.
If not, how about trying logging out and back in?

Let us know if this worked :)
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

davidrl

Re: Files show in Blomp App (IOS/Mac) but wont show in Browser window? Are they uploaded?

Post by davidrl » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:15 am

Months later I reply -

To your first reply question response; YES, I know realise the app upload files but it sometimes takes a while to appear on the dashboard. I usually wait a while and then reload the App and also check on Web dashboard and its all reconciled. So thanks for that update.

Second question; copying and pasting : THANK YOU FOR THAT. - most helpful. Cheers

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:35 am

You are very welcome Blomper.

Please let us know if you have any other question and we'll help you :)
Until then, Blomp on!
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

davidrl

Post by davidrl » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:36 am

Hi Blomp team, I will post this request here (following my earlier stuff) so I don't add to the huge list of technical issues unnecessarily (as the answer is probably simple).

I have the Blomp App on Android and use that to upload files. I also upload and manage from a MacBook Air using the App for Mac, and also use the Browser version as well. .

1). (a) Using the Android app on Samsung S10 to upload a file (not large, eg 1.3Mb) I note that Blomp app shows the file is uploaded.
(b). But when I check in the App off the MacBook Air, it shows the file title, but no size, and it cannot be downloaded,

e.g.:
Blomp Android APP upload OK - See
Screenshot_20230116_230231_Blomp.jpg
MacBook Air Mac App version - shows not uploaded from Android . see
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 10.38.24 pm.png
Photos attached.

The three existing ebooks in the folder were all fine (black page markers) but the two I tried to upload off my Android phone using the android app, show as a WHITE page marker and have NO SIZE against them (far right, no size). They have not upoaded. (note the first file in both Photos was already previously uploaded and not in this upload even through ANdroid App shows it as being uploaded today - was from a previous successful upload of just that file). Ignore it

(c). I cannot download them. I wait for half a day to see if the servers take time to index or process it all, but no upload. I have deleted and tried again, Same result.
(d). This is only happening off the Android app version.

Any clues as to what. is happening? Why does the ebook show as uploaded, when it isnt?
File is an EPUB. So a compressed ZIP file.

QUESTION 2 : Using Web browser version.
I log in on web browser. Go to my files. select the directory / folder I want, and then click on the upload button. This opens the panel to drag files into for upload, (or click in the upload area and add files the other way). However, when I do tis, I often find that the file is uploaded (thank you) but to the WRONG DIRECTORY. I am in(for example) my _Ebooks\_Educational\_Relationships\ folder but when I copy the Epub "Out of the Doghouse" epub file, it gets stored in the root directory. I then have to use the web browser to COPY and PASTE the file to the correct directory, and then go and delete the one in the wrong directory.
Is there a way to ensure files go to the correct directory in the web browser version?

Thanks Blomp Team - happy to find out how it works best.
Cheers All
David

davidrl

Post by davidrl » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:05 am

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO MY ABOVE POST:

I have more info. I was trying to download the files I was referring to in my above post using the Mac Blomp App onto my Mac, but as mentioned could not download anything. (Uploaded via Android App from Samsung S10)

A day or so later and I have discovered some new information. While I cannot download the file in the Mac App, today I went to the Web Browser and selected some of the same files and downloaded them fine to the Macbook Air.

In the Mac Blomp APP they show as not loaded with no size info, and cannot be downloaded. In a Broswer window they show with a size and can be downloaded.

It seems the Andoid App is not showing the files uploaded (and downloadable) correctly. but the browser version, after a few hours to calibrate, does show them and allows downloads.

My questions above still stand - but I hope this adds extra information to finding the solution.

Thanks
Davidrl

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:26 am

Davidrl,

First of all, I want to let you know that you are one of our best customers. Let me tell you how. You have provided us with information so helpful on multiple forums and with your feedback, Blomp is just getting better.

Thank you so much for taking the time and informing us (with details!!) about all of the issues you are having. I have seen all of your remaining comments, and wanted to let you know that all your remarks help us a lot!

That being said, our programmers just read your detailed information and will look into your issue in a more detailed manner. Once they work on it and fix it entirely, I will come back here and inform you of the newest updates.

Once again, thank you. We only want to make your experience with us top-notch.
Have a nice day and thank you for your patience. :)
- Blomp support