change mount drive letter in blompgo

gigaxat

change mount drive letter in blompgo

Post by gigaxat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 pm

Hello, I am trying blomp and it works really well, very good speed, before I used opendrive but it worked really slow.
I am quite a novice in all this, but could you tell me in an easy way how to change the blompgo mount letter is that the Z: I already have it occupied and if I could also know how to change some more blompgo settings such as bandwidth limitation or number of simultaneous uploads/downloads
Congratulations for your services, if everything works that well for me I will upgrade to the 10tb plan, thanks in advance

BlompSupport

Re: change mount drive letter in blompgo

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:31 pm

Hey there Blomper!

We'll go ahead and send this over to some big brains to see if we can get you an answer for this!

-Blomp Support
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

casatik

Post by casatik » Sat May 13, 2023 4:55 am

Good day everyone. I agree and join the question.
Also, I have the letter Z reserved by another program - it is problematic to reconfigure it. Is it possible to change the letter to another? Using the "Blomp go" application is very convenient for me. Thanks to your team for a great job and a convenient product.

BlompTechie

Post by BlompTechie » Mon May 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Hi

At this time the Blomp Go is not designed to select another drive letter.
However, there is another method to mount your Blomp drive to whichever letter you would like to use.

1. Create a config file with the below information.
[Blomp]
type = swift
env_auth = false
user =[email]
key = [password]
auth = https://authenticate.blomp.com
tenant = storage
auth_version = 2
endpoint_type = public

2. Open an administrative level of the terminal (for any OS) and type the below command.

Code: Select all

rclone --config blomp.config mount Blomp:[email] Z: --volume Blomp --network-mode --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-age 1m --dir-cache-time 1m --vfs-read-chunk-size 0 --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 --fast-list --no-checksum --no-modtime --no-seek --transfers 32"
** Install rclone from here: https://rclone.org/downloads/

Hope this help.

Thank you

Blomp Techie

casatik

Post by casatik » Mon May 22, 2023 7:28 am

Thanks, it works great. I managed to connect BLOMP cloud as a U: disk, but it's only when the console is open. If I close cmd.exe, the U: drive disappears.
Please tell me what needs to be changed or added?

BlompTechie

Post by BlompTechie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:49 am

Hi

Sorry for the late response to this post. I've been searching for a solution to your request.

Windows 11 automatically does not allow running 'rclone mount' in background mode (by adding "--daemon" option).
The workaround is adding a '--no-console' option at the end of the command. This will close the console's window and keep the rclone running. Keep that in mind; technically, rclone is not running in the background. It just closes the console windows, so it does look like running rclone in the background.

Alternatively, you can create two .bat files and run rclone automatically.

rclone_run.bat: add your rclone command.

rclone --config blomp.config mount Blomp:[email] Y: --volname Blomp --network-mode --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-age 1m --dir-cache-time 1m --vfs-read-chunk-size 0 --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 --fast-list --no-checksum --no-modtime --no-seek --transfers 32 --no-console
blomp_mount.bat: add the below command to run other .bat file.

start /b rclone_run.bat
Simply, double-click on the 'blomp_mount.bat" file.

Btw, both methods require you to use the task manager to stop running rclone.

Hope this help.

Blomp Techie

casatik

Post by casatik » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:43 am

Thank you! Will use it!
both methods require you to use the task manager to stop running rclone
Additionally created stop_rclone.cmd:

taskkill /f /t /im rclone.exe
this is exactly what is needed.