Temp disable Z drive Blomp Go

richard63

Temp disable Z drive Blomp Go

Post by richard63 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Hello.

I discovered that when using Blomp Go, I get issues with Steam on installing games or creating a new Steam install directory on any drive.

For some reason Steam tries to do something with the Z drive of Blomp and then freezes completely. Can't even be closed by the task manager anymore.

However I very much like using Blomp Go with the Z drive, because it's easy to access and manage.

So the question is.... is there a way to temporarily disable the Z drive, so the Windows Explorer and Steam won't see it anymore and Steam won't have issues with it?
This way I could temporarily disable the Z drive, install a game and then enable the Z drive again.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Re: Temp disable Z drive Blomp Go

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 am

Hello Blomper!

First, we are very happy that you like using Blomp Go with the Z drive. To answer your question simply, we skipped giving the ability to change drive names which is why it must be Z: or you can use rclone directly! If you have any more questions, we are here for you!

-Blomp team
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

richard63

Post by richard63 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:22 am

Hello.

Thank you, but I think you misunderstood my issue and my question.

I didn't ask if there was an option to use another drive letter. I don't mind that it's Z that's fine.

But the Steam client has conflicting issues with network drives. That is in fact a Steam issue, but I still need a workaround.

So my question is still the same.
Is it possible to disable the Z drive temporarily (so temp stop the blomp service) and enable it again later. Or disconnect the Z network drive (c.q. Blomp Go) without having to totally uninstall Blomp Go like I had to do now.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:10 am

Hello there dear Blomper,

Sorry for misunderstanding you!
You can close the BlompGo app in the taskbar before starting your Steam game and then run it again from the start menu when they are ready to use it. Hope this answers your question.
If you need anything else, you can ask anytime!

- Blomp team
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

richard63

Post by richard63 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:12 am

Hello.

It's not the app I was talking about either. Apps are easy to choose.

It's the service which creates the Z drive. I can close anything in the taskbar, but the Z drive will still be there.
So the Blomp Go service keeps running.

Is there a way to temporarily disable that service?
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:22 am

Hello again fellow Blomper!

BlompGo is a separate program from BlompLive (which has mobile apps). The shutdown in the taskbar would address the concern. If you close the blompgo app in the taskbar, rclone will stop once blompgo (the little blomp icon) is stopped in the taskbar

Hope this helps! let us know if there is still something we can help you with and we are more than happy to!

Have a great day and great blomping!
- Blomp support

richard63

Post by richard63 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:57 am

Hello again.

Well then maybe it's not the Blomp Go but the Blomp installation. I continuesly was talking about the Blomp service which is creating the Z drive.

The Blomp app, you can stop from the taskbar, but the Blomp installation which creates the z-drive service, can not be disabled from the taskbar, The Z drive still is present then.

Seems there is no solution to this so now I stopped using the service, and started to use the normal Blomp app now, which does not create the Z drive.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:24 pm

Blomper,
Hope all is good!

We need more information in order to help.

I don't understand the difference between Blomp Installation and Blomp Go.
Blomp Go creates the drive, Install would normally be interpreted to install Go.
- Blomp support

richard63

Post by richard63 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 am

Hello.

Sorry for the late reply I did not get an email notification.

Blomp installation is the Bomp app which just logs in without creating any driveletter.

Bromp Go creates a driveletter. My normall installation does not create a drive.

This is how the app looks:

The Blomp Go just creates a drive letter and that causes an issue with Steam, which is why I started using the app.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:23 pm

I believe a new version of BlompGo was released in the last few weeks... it supports more than just a Z: drive. Have you updated your software to see if it helps you?

thanks,

Blomp
- Blomp support