Login & Dashboard Issue

usandaru555

Login & Dashboard Issue

Post by usandaru555 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Hello friends,
Today (04th July 2021) I'm tried to login to my Blomp dashboard. But it seems Service unavailable with this message, "503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request"
What is the reason of that?

mrschaeffer

Re: Login & Dashboard Issue

Post by mrschaeffer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:39 am

Me too i can't connect it shows a blank page and timeoot ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE it never loads.

debian

Post by debian » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 am

Just to let you know, service itself is working (rclone, blomp apps, swiftstack client), hope you do not rely on dashboard as a tool for downloads/uploads. They fix things unannounced and there were before 501 errors but your files are not gone and you have access to them.

Happy 4th July to those who celebrate.

mrschaeffer

Post by mrschaeffer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:07 am

debian wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 am
Just to let you know, service itself is working (rclone, blomp apps, swiftstack client), hope you do not rely on dashboard as a tool for downloads/uploads. They fix things unannounced and there were before 501 errors but your files are not gone and you have access to them.

Hi buddy, i see you are pretty active on forum about rclone usage with blomp, i'm new with this, so if you can help me, do you have a tip or guide to help to upload 109GB file through rclone directly to the blomp account? I search and see that there is a problem with large files, i set the options below on rclone.conf:

[blomp-chunker]
type = chunker
remote = blomp:[my-email]/chunked
chunk_size = 4.99G
start_from = 0
hash_type = md5
meta_format = simplejson
fail_hard = false
transactions = rename

Do you believe this will be enough to split the file within the limits of the blomp service.
I would appreciate a lot the help if possible, thanks in advance.

debian

Post by debian » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:43 am

mrschaeffer wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:07 am
debian wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 am

Hi buddy, i see you are pretty active on forum about rclone usage with blomp, i'm new with this, so if you can help me, do you have a tip or guide to help to upload 109GB file through rclone directly to the blomp account? I search and see that there is a problem with large files, i set the options below on rclone.conf:

[blomp-chunker]
type = chunker
chunk_size = 4.99G
start_from = 0
hash_type = md5
meta_format = simplejson
fail_hard = false
transactions = rename

Do you believe this will be enough to split the file within the limits of the blomp service.
I would appreciate a lot the help if possible, thanks in advance.
Hello, actually you reach out in the moment where I gave up being active here as it seems it is for nothing. But to reply to your question, yes, you can upload that file, you probably did try to upload it over browser which has file size limit of 100G and I would assume it does not let you upload it. Here are 3 options (from most simple to most complicated):

1. use openstack cli, there you can set custom segments folder as well as custom segments size.
Why is this nr.1, simply because this way you can access your file per link and share a link. If you do not care about dashboard, instead you would like to use it as drive where all files would be chunked and upload, then check step possibility 2. Check this thread out for more info (last and first post are usefull)
Example command for you would be (go/cd to the folder where your image is located, then run)

Code: Select all

swift upload --changed --skip-identical --segment-size 5368709122 --segment-container "someuser@mail.com/segments" --leave-segments --object-threads 10 --segment-threads 10 --use-slo --ignore-checksum someuser@mail.com 109GB.img
if you want to see more, add --debug:

swift upload --debug --changed --skip-identical --segment-size 5368709122 --segment-container "someuser@mail.com/segments" --leave-segments --object-threads 10 --segment-threads 10 --use-slo --ignore-checksum someuser@mail.com 109GB.img
I uploaded that way img file of one of 250GB hard disks and it works. If you want to segment it to 1G instead of 5G, then use

--segment-size 1073741824
2. Use rclone chunker. I would also advise to use real max. file size which is 5242879K, use some shorter naming, probably start from 1. Also, rename will cause uploaded files to be renamed (copy/delete on remote) which is very, very, very slow. To get around it and speed it up use norename, as you don't actually care because if you mount/list chunker remote, you will see it as one file anyway, here is example config according to your above:

[blomp-chunker]
type = chunker
chunk_size = 5242879K
name_format = *.#####
start_from = 1
hash_type = none
meta_format = simplejson
fail_hard = false
transactions = norename
default name format in rclone is *.rclone_chunk.###

Also, You do not need to put it into separate dir, I use it on root, as non chunked files will show up anyway and chunked will show as one, no matter where I copy it, this is also drive which I mount.

3. Split and encrypt your files localy in any way that you want then upload them simply over any of possibile upload options like browser, rclone, swiftclient or blomp apps.

Hope that helps. I would use openstack client for uploads of single large files for the time where blomp resolves segment container issue. When they resolve it, you will not require anymore rclone's chunker, instead you will set segment size in your swift remote config of blomp. Also, your chunker will not work if you do not set on your blomp: remote chunk_size bigger than the one you use in chunker, max for swift is 5G which you can set, I've set 1P to disable swift's segmentation for rclone as segmentation is broken on blomp's side.

Also, if you use openstack client, do not delete segments folder, as there are all your segments.

Let me know if it worked ;)

debian

Post by debian » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:55 am

Additionally, if you follow the thread which I linked in previous post and load your openstack variables with rc file, then run following commands and you will get all the information about blomp which blomp team does not post, there you will be able to see all restrictions, sizes, remotes, even ec2 is available, just explore it, I doubt blomp team will post anything of it if users do not:

swift capabilities
openstack versions show
openstack catalog list
openstack catalog show ec2
openstack catalog show swift
openstack command list
openstack configuration show
openstack container show your@email.com
openstack ec2 credentials list
openstack flavor list
openstack module list
openstack network list
openstack project list
openstack project show storage
openstack subnet list
openstack subnet show "Perimeter Subnet 2"
openstack subnet show "Perimeter Subnet"
openstack subnet show "Production Tenant Network-Subnet"
openstack subnet show "coloco subnet"
This will give you pretty all the information and you will be able to configure it the way you want without to be dependant on non existing support, of course, as long as your storage is online, if blomp goes dark, well, to rely on support in phpbb3 board is really not what one would expect as 24/Phone support :), however, as long as my storage is online, I am satisfied, I can adapt to blomp not really fixing bugs/issues in time.

usandaru555

Post by usandaru555 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 am

Now it's working & all files are ok on the Drive. thanks for everyone.