BlompGo constant Crashing.

durghan

BlompGo constant Crashing.

Post by durghan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 am

So, since the last time you guys helped me out, the 1.14 update was a good fix for the issue I had at the time, I've still barely used BlompGo because I haven't wanted to deal with the crashing. But this morning I figured I've give it a try for a bit and get back to copying over some files I'm trying to put in a central; location for access from multiple places.

Well, on my home computer at least, I can copy files to my Z: drive for a bit, but as soon as I try to go into my Z: drive to see if the files are indeed copying as planned, it just crashes. Now I've tried it twicer, and now restarting BlompGo doesn't actually give me a Z: drive mapping any more, even though BlompGo is loaded.

I've tried quitting an drestarting the app a fe wtimes without success. I've looked for a background process that might need to be killed but I don't' see anything specifically for BlompGO, is there maybe something else with name I don't' recognize?

I'm about to try restarting my computer, which I fully expect to work, but that's a rather annoying fix for what should be a fairly basic program crashing a lot. Are there any fixes you're aware of that I could try, or are there any log files somewhere I can send you to help rectify this issue? I'll be trying it on my work computer in a couple hours so I'll update when I see how it behaves there. So far it's been the same as at home, but I'll just give a try and confirm.

Thank you.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: BlompGo constant Crashing.

Post by BlompTeam » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 pm

durghan wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 am
So, since the last time you guys helped me out, the 1.14 update was a good fix for the issue I had at the time, I've still barely used BlompGo because I haven't wanted to deal with the crashing. But this morning I figured I've give it a try for a bit and get back to copying over some files I'm trying to put in a central; location for access from multiple places.

Well, on my home computer at least, I can copy files to my Z: drive for a bit, but as soon as I try to go into my Z: drive to see if the files are indeed copying as planned, it just crashes. Now I've tried it twicer, and now restarting BlompGo doesn't actually give me a Z: drive mapping any more, even though BlompGo is loaded.

I've tried quitting an drestarting the app a fe wtimes without success. I've looked for a background process that might need to be killed but I don't' see anything specifically for BlompGO, is there maybe something else with name I don't' recognize?

I'm about to try restarting my computer, which I fully expect to work, but that's a rather annoying fix for what should be a fairly basic program crashing a lot. Are there any fixes you're aware of that I could try, or are there any log files somewhere I can send you to help rectify this issue? I'll be trying it on my work computer in a couple hours so I'll update when I see how it behaves there. So far it's been the same as at home, but I'll just give a try and confirm.

Thank you.
Thanks!

What OS version are you running and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Is your OS all updated? Are you running the latest version of WinFSP? BlompGo doesn't handle any networking on its own, and it relies on Windows and WinFSP to do all of that.

Sometimes there are buffering issues with the process ... say if you have too many files, etc... but the latest version of Rclone (which BlompGo is based on) is very solid when it comes to those things in most of our experiences.

Please try upgrading to the latest WinFSP and making sure all of your windows updates are applied. I suspect that will solve your concerns!

Best,
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

durghan

Post by durghan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Okay, well, I didn't get a chance to properly test things at work so I have no complete idea how it's going there. All I was able to determine was that it's kind of slow. But back at home, I have done the following since your reply.

- Attempted to install a new WinFSP. Apparently this is very strange or old software because it refused to install until I first uninstall the old version. I haven't had to do this manually myself in many years. And uninstalling manually requires a full reboot of the computer afterwards, also something I haven't had to do much in many years. But, whatever. I uninstalled, rebooted, then installed the new version.

- After installing the updated WinFSP, I tried launching BlompGo again. Still, no Z: drive.

- So, I uninstalled BlompGo, downloaded a new installer file, and reinstalled BlompGo.

- Now, when I launch it, On the first launch, I get the login window, which I log in to, but I don't get a n icon in the tasktray and I still don't get a Z: drive. I do, however, have a process running. I've attached a screenshot (I hope) Showing how things look right now.

I've uninstalled both a couple of times now, and rebooted a couple times now, and this is still the end result for me.

I'm running WIndows 10 Pro, version 20H2, Build 19042.685.

Which processes and services are running that BlompGo uses? I feel like maybe there was still something running that interfered with either the uninstallation or installation of either BlompGo or WinFSP, making the procedures not complete properly.

Anyway, I hope we can get this figured out soon. Thank you for your help.
Attachments
BlompShot.png

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm

durghan wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Okay, well, I didn't get a chance to properly test things at work so I have no complete idea how it's going there. All I was able to determine was that it's kind of slow. But back at home, I have done the following since your reply.

- Attempted to install a new WinFSP. Apparently this is very strange or old software because it refused to install until I first uninstall the old version. I haven't had to do this manually myself in many years. And uninstalling manually requires a full reboot of the computer afterwards, also something I haven't had to do much in many years. But, whatever. I uninstalled, rebooted, then installed the new version.

- After installing the updated WinFSP, I tried launching BlompGo again. Still, no Z: drive.

- So, I uninstalled BlompGo, downloaded a new installer file, and reinstalled BlompGo.

- Now, when I launch it, On the first launch, I get the login window, which I log in to, but I don't get a n icon in the tasktray and I still don't get a Z: drive. I do, however, have a process running. I've attached a screenshot (I hope) Showing how things look right now.

I've uninstalled both a couple of times now, and rebooted a couple times now, and this is still the end result for me.

I'm running WIndows 10 Pro, version 20H2, Build 19042.685.

Which processes and services are running that BlompGo uses? I feel like maybe there was still something running that interfered with either the uninstallation or installation of either BlompGo or WinFSP, making the procedures not complete properly.

Anyway, I hope we can get this figured out soon. Thank you for your help.
Sorry for the delayed response.

The only program that does the "heavy" work for BlompGo is called Rclone. If that's running, you'll have a Z: drive, if that isn't... you won't.

We didn't write rclone, but its very solid software.

Best,

BlompSupport

durghan

Post by durghan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm

So, it's been awhile but I'd given up on working with 1.14. I saw a couple days ago that there's now a 1.15.6 so downloaded and installed that to try out. While it does seem to be faster, I'm still having problems with it crashing and t aking my whole computer down with it. Sometimes while copying from one Windows Explorer window to another, the window being copied to will stop responding. Once that happens, any effort to end the task usually ends up with the WIndows interface just dying and not coming back, Task Manager doesn't load so i can't kill the tasks, and my only options are to CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose restart, or physically power it off and back on again.

After one of the recent crashes, I'm now getting similar behavior as before, even after rebooting. When BlompGo loads on Windows Startup it seems to start fine, but I don't get a Z: drive. I've tried killing the tasks but that doesn't seem to help. You had mentioned RClone was the only other thing that should be running but all I see is something called RSync. Killing that still doesn't help, but I don't see anything else related to kill. So, now I'm at a loss again for how to use this. I haven't been able to effectively use it since i signed up 2.5 months ago. Any ideas for getting this stable/reliable would be very welcome.

Thank you.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:31 am

durghan wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm
So, it's been awhile but I'd given up on working with 1.14. I saw a couple days ago that there's now a 1.15.6 so downloaded and installed that to try out. While it does seem to be faster, I'm still having problems with it crashing and t aking my whole computer down with it. Sometimes while copying from one Windows Explorer window to another, the window being copied to will stop responding. Once that happens, any effort to end the task usually ends up with the WIndows interface just dying and not coming back, Task Manager doesn't load so i can't kill the tasks, and my only options are to CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose restart, or physically power it off and back on again.

After one of the recent crashes, I'm now getting similar behavior as before, even after rebooting. When BlompGo loads on Windows Startup it seems to start fine, but I don't get a Z: drive. I've tried killing the tasks but that doesn't seem to help. You had mentioned RClone was the only other thing that should be running but all I see is something called RSync. Killing that still doesn't help, but I don't see anything else related to kill. So, now I'm at a loss again for how to use this. I haven't been able to effectively use it since i signed up 2.5 months ago. Any ideas for getting this stable/reliable would be very welcome.

Thank you.
Rsync is not a part of any software distribution we provide -- at best, it sounds like you have some other things running on your machine that are causing conflicts with FUSE and at worst it sounds like you have unwanted programs running on your machine.

We are going to forward your feedback on the latest release to our devs, because you are the first person who has had any issues since it went live several weeks ago.

Thanks for your very insightful feedback!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

durghan

Post by durghan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 pm

So, trying again today to get this working, but it still isn't working.

I'm killing as many processes as I can and I've reached this Rsync for Cloud Storage again and looking into it further, it IS actually the process name for rclone.exe.

Unfortunately, after killing every process I can, including the Rclone.exe "Rsync for Cloud Storage" one, then launching BlompGo again, I am still not getting a drive Z: mapping.

I've uninstalled the 1.15.6 version to try reinstalling it and found there's now a 1.16.1 version.

Even after rebooting, behaviour is unchanged. Launching BlompGo starts up 4 processes, an icon appears in the notification area, but there's no Z: drive.

I am at a loss. I have no idea what else might be interfering with it or otherwise causing it to not work.

Additionally, when using it on my work computer, I have Z: drive, I can access my files through the Z: drive, but I have no Blomp icon in the notification area, and no Blomp processes are running. The only process running in the RSync for Cloud Storage Rclone.exe process. This is still running the old 1.14 version so I'm going to uninstall and in stall the 1.16.1 version and see what happens.

UPDATE : Okay, so on my work computer I've installed the 1.16.1 version and it seems to be working just fine right now. We'll see how it behaves throughout the day.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:07 pm

durghan wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 pm
So, trying again today to get this working, but it still isn't working.

I'm killing as many processes as I can and I've reached this Rsync for Cloud Storage again and looking into it further, it IS actually the process name for rclone.exe.

Unfortunately, after killing every process I can, including the Rclone.exe "Rsync for Cloud Storage" one, then launching BlompGo again, I am still not getting a drive Z: mapping.

I've uninstalled the 1.15.6 version to try reinstalling it and found there's now a 1.16.1 version.

Even after rebooting, behaviour is unchanged. Launching BlompGo starts up 4 processes, an icon appears in the notification area, but there's no Z: drive.

I am at a loss. I have no idea what else might be interfering with it or otherwise causing it to not work.

Additionally, when using it on my work computer, I have Z: drive, I can access my files through the Z: drive, but I have no Blomp icon in the notification area, and no Blomp processes are running. The only process running in the RSync for Cloud Storage Rclone.exe process. This is still running the old 1.14 version so I'm going to uninstall and in stall the 1.16.1 version and see what happens.

UPDATE : Okay, so on my work computer I've installed the 1.16.1 version and it seems to be working just fine right now. We'll see how it behaves throughout the day.
That sounds great with the newest version - since most of the code is built by others, as Windows makes changes, they have to make changes ... and it keeps going like that.

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

durghan

Post by durghan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:44 pm

K, to clarify, my work computer seems fine. BlompGo is NOT working on my home computer where I need it to work the most. I've been trying to provide you guys with as much information as possible to help fix the issue, but it feels more like I'm just confusing you guys.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:33 am

durghan wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:44 pm
K, to clarify, my work computer seems fine. BlompGo is NOT working on my home computer where I need it to work the most. I've been trying to provide you guys with as much information as possible to help fix the issue, but it feels more like I'm just confusing you guys.
That may be... we can't guarantee our own confusion.

Now that you have a working install somewhere, we have to find out what the difference between your home and work PCs are.

Best,

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video