BlompGo constant Crashing.

durghan

Re: BlompGo constant Crashing.

Post by durghan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:05 pm

Well, I've been trying 1.17.6 for a few days now. Still getting the problem where when copying files from my computer, to my BlompGO drive, it will either get hung up right away and never recover, or it will copy a few files before getting hung up.

For example, on Monday, the day you release 1.17.6, that night I installed it, and tried copying a few folders. I tried several times but it would bring up the copying progress window and just sit at 0%. Trying to cancel it wouldn't work, and would just crash Explorer. Eventually I would have to quit the BlompGO app in order to stop copying process from attempting to complete. Eventually I started a copying process and just went to bed. I forgot to check it before going to work on Tuesday so didn't check on it until Tuesday night. Even after almost 24 hours, no copying had been done, Explorer crashed when I tried to cancel it, and it only really stopped when I killed the BlompGO app.

Tonight I've been trying to find possible solutions and have been using a folder with 55 files in it totalling only about 75 megs. It copies a few files but always gets hung up on the same one and only ever reaches 33% complete. I tried to remove the file it always stops at, but it still gets hung up at the same place.

I regularly use google drive without issues and tonight I've tested the OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box services and all of them are working just fine so I really don't know what your service is doing differently that's causing me to be unable to use it.

I appreciate the assistance you've been trying to give, but as of yesterday it's been 4 months that I haven't been able to actually use this. I hope we can find a solution soon because that's 25% of my subscription year gone.

Cheers.

BlompTechie

Post by BlompTechie » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi

Would you please try re-install after removing the existing winfsp first if you have not done?
The latest installer contains the latest winfsp and rclone as a part of the installation.

Please try upload and download files again and let us know.

Thank you

BlompTechie

durghan

Post by durghan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:38 am

I'm giving a try tonight. First I decided to try deleting files I had managed to copy over a while back. Is it supposed to be this slow?
Blomp001.png

durghan

Post by durghan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Well, it's been about 11 hours I think. I don't know how long it took to reach this point, or how long it's been stuck here...
Blomp02.png
I tried killing it by clicking the X to close the window (as opposed to the cancel X) and it looks like it's attempting to just cancel it. So instead I killed the Blomp App.

When I restarted BlompGo, it looks to have started fine. I went to my Z: drive and saw that several of the folders I was trying to delete had been deleted. This time I opted to try and delete a single folder that contains a number of other folders and about 4800 files. It's estimating about half an hour to delete. Does that sound right?

durghan

Post by durghan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:38 pm

So, once that last attempt to delete finished I figured, fine, I'll try copying files over again.
Blomp03.png
Well...I don't think it's going to work.

Copying that same folder over to Google Drive took less than 2.5 minutes.

Deleting it from Google Drive took maybe 5 seconds.

It's now been about half an hour since that screenshot and nothing has changed.

I don't want to give up, I understand this is all still Beta, but I'm getting worn out. I subscribed for year fully expecting to have occasional issues. The only other thing I can think to do is to totally wipe my harddrive and reinstall Windows and start totally from scratch. And that's REALLY not something I want to do. I'm at a loss.

BlompTechie

Post by BlompTechie » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:05 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We will follow up on your result and our end result.

We continue finding the best option to provide the best performance on Blomp.

I understand your frustration and your feedback is a great asset to us.
Please continue to look out for the updated version.

Thank you

BlompTechie

durghan

Post by durghan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Just checking in to see fi there's any progress on this? I'm currently downloading BlompGo to my work computer again but it's apparently going to take about half an hour to download a 141mb file over a University internet connection. Not sure why that keeps happening either.