Dashboard stopped working right after paying for Subscription?

keysia

Dashboard stopped working right after paying for Subscription?

Post by keysia » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Hello!

I created a free account at Blomp a few days ago and, being that the free service was working fine, I decided o upgrade to a payed plan (2TB for 3 months). BompLive and BlompGo are glitchy and sometimes don't seem to upload my files but that's ok - I use the dashboard in my browser and I prefer it, actually.

Everything was working fine so far - a few minutes after subscribing I can't access to my dashboard anymore for over an hour ("ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" error). I subscribed because I was in a real need to use the service (and I want to do it through the dashboard, not the apps because I trully disliked them, sorry) and all of a sudden things don't work right after subscribbing?

Soo... What gives, Blomp? :D

It's not just me, as my friends and family that also created an account can't access the dashboard. We tried clearing our browsers' cache/cookies, different browsers, on our phones...

What's going on and, if you already noticed an issue on your end, any ETA on when this will be solved?

Kind regards from a new Blomper! ;)

BlompSupport

Re: Dashboard stopped working right after paying for Subscription?

Post by BlompSupport » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Hello,

If you believe you are experiencing issues connecting to your Blomp Dashboard, there are some things you can do to help our BlompOps figure out if there are real monkeys in the system or not. If you are having issues, (timeout/no connect), please send us a traceroute. This will help us diagnose connectivity between you and BlompHQ.

To send a traceroute on Windows:
1. Open Command Prompt (Windows key, type "cmd", enter)
2. Type "tracert dashboard.blomp.com"
3. Copy the window's contents and send us an email to support@blomp.com

To send a traceroute on MacOS:
1. Open Terminal (command+space, type "term", enter)
2. Type "traceroute dashboard.blomp.com"
3. Copy the window's contents and send us an email to support@blomp.com

Thanks,
BlompSupport
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

keysia

Post by keysia » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks for your fast response!

Already did as suggested, I will wait for a fix or a solution to help. ;)

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:24 pm

keysia wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Thanks for your fast response!

Already did as suggested, I will wait for a fix or a solution to help. ;)
Thanks!

This may help. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT This error is not generated by us, its generated by your local machine. https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/host ... timed-out/

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

keysia

Post by keysia » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks for the link. I followed the steps given in the post you sent but none of the suggested fixes worked.

This issue is not only verified in my local machine, sadly.

So far I have tried:
1) logging in my computer from 4 different browsers;
2) cleared cache and cookies and all of that stuff;
3) checking LAN settings as suggested in your sent post;
4) Cleaning up and renewing DNS and IP address as suggested in your sent post;
5) Checked security settings and Firewall;
6) Logging from my phone on wifi and mobile internet;
7) logging from other computers in the house;
8) logging from another computer in ANOTHER house, and it still is giving me the same issue.

And very curiously, AFTER paying for my subscription... It was perfectly fine a few minutes before: uploads, downloads, all fine - apart from several issues with the apps, which I don't care because I just want to use Blomp through the dashboard and I can't access it at all. :(

So, something is clearly going on, because I see it happen to other people as they are also complaining about the same thing... :|

I just wanted to use the service I paid for with no issues, but this has been an issue from minute 1, and it wasn't even an issue before I made the payment.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Hello,

Sorry you're continuing to have issues. I don't see your trace in our email support queue, could you direct message it to me, please?

Thanks,
BlompSupport
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

keysia

Post by keysia » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Already did!

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :D

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:37 pm

keysia wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:37 pm
Already did!

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :D
We're looking at this from several angles at the same time. To confirm, when you tried multiple devices in your home, some had never logged into the dashboard before, so they weren't even aware of your user credentials when you get this error?

Does this happen if you disable WiFI on your mobile phone and try to access the dashboard through cellular? (update: I don't think you will. We think we found an issue with your IP address and we've contacted your ISP).

Thanks!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

keysia

Post by keysia » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Hey again!

Right now everything seems to be ticking just fine! Thank you for fixing my issue so fast :D

Even tho it's solved, I'll answer your questions (maybe it can help assist any new possible cases, who knows?):

1) When I tried from another computer, nothing happened at all, the page just kept trying to load and then went blank.
2) Noone had access to my credentials, I just tried logging in another computer from another house - It was also giving me a blank page upon trying to login. Probably an issue with the internet on that house, I never went back to confirm :lol:
3) It was happening both on my cellular phone on wifi or 4G (the time out connection).

Right now everything is working fine! I was just confused why it was working fine and all of a sudden it wouldn't let me connect :D

Thanks again! ;) :mrgreen: