Download doesn't work

arkstudio

Download doesn't work

Post by arkstudio » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:35 am

Hello

Just when i have finally solved a missing .dll file error and got the windows program to start i find that no option of file download is working (right-click, displayed menu or File dropdown-menu). It says nothing, it does nothing, on neither of the two desktops i use it on
My purpose is to sync the information i have uploaded on the cloud on both desktops

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: Download doesn't work

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:35 am

arkstudio wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:35 am
Hello

Just when i have finally solved a missing .dll file error and got the windows program to start i find that no option of file download is working (right-click, displayed menu or File dropdown-menu). It says nothing, it does nothing, on neither of the two desktops i use it on
My purpose is to sync the information i have uploaded on the cloud on both desktops
Hi,

Can you confirm which desktop client you're using and which version of it?

How did you address your DLL problem?

Thanks!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

arkstudio

Post by arkstudio » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:24 am

Hey!
I got the Windows version from the available downloads menu
After installation i kept getting an error about a vcruntime140_1.dll file not being found and to just reinstall and it would get fixed, which it did not. So i went online for info about this file and downloaded the file from a Microsoft download page and added it to the Blomp Windows partition installation folder as instructed and that solved my program start-up problem.
So now, i can see all i have uploaded through the browser dashboard page, but as said, no download command featured in the installed program's layout is responding in any way, so i cannot download what i have uploaded

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:42 pm

arkstudio wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:24 am
Hey!
I got the Windows version from the available downloads menu
After installation i kept getting an error about a vcruntime140_1.dll file not being found and to just reinstall and it would get fixed, which it did not. So i went online for info about this file and downloaded the file from a Microsoft download page and added it to the Blomp Windows partition installation folder as instructed and that solved my program start-up problem.
So now, i can see all i have uploaded through the browser dashboard page, but as said, no download command featured in the installed program's layout is responding in any way, so i cannot download what i have uploaded
This sounds like you are using BlompLive. We have two Windows programs on the dashboard/website for download.

The current version is 0.9.13.

If you look at a file in BlompLive, you'll see three options.

Download
Delete
Save

Save is the option you are looking for. You click on Save, it'll open a window asking you where to save it. Download puts the file in your cache... which makes Saves faster... but is not at all intuitive in this release. We are going to fix that.

Please let us know if that helps!

Best,

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

arkstudio

Post by arkstudio » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:13 am

Oh, thank you thank you! Indeed, Save does the job, sorry and thank you for the tip!