Files Not downloading right.

brightlightning

Files Not downloading right.

Post by brightlightning » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:22 am

I tryed to download a few files today .jpg, and .mp4 formats, and thay all download as download_object.mht.

No Softwere I have will open a .mht, and I also tryed renaming it to file.jpg or file.mp4 and the file still did not work.

,Bright Lightning

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: Files Not downloading right.

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Normally this only happens if the files are uploaded without a file extension. Then you get the files back as whatever your browser decides to name them. We've seen this happen when you upload from a tethered cell phone, for example.

If you PM or post here the name of your account, we can test.. but the system works properly. You would just have rename the files after you download them if you uploaded them without a file extension.

Thanks!!

brightlightning

Post by brightlightning » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:38 pm

The Username of my account is brightlightning (I will pm the email)

I tryed want you said, I download file.jpg and it downloads as the download_object.mht, so I rename it to file.jpg, and yes the app useing to rename this file let's me edit the file so I'm not renaming it to file.jpg.mht it is file.jpg and it won't open.

One odd thing I noticed was that when I download the file it says.

"Do you want to download https://dash.blomp.com/dashboard/storag ... h=file.jpg?"

I thank is the part after the ? is doing nothang and what is being downloaded is the download_object and my device is added the .mth it's self.

Hope this helps.

,Bright Lightning

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi brightlightning,

We have passed this information onto our developers, I am sure it will prove helpful.

Thanks,
BlompSupport