BLOMP | Synology Hyper Backup

theoxis

BLOMP | Synology Hyper Backup

Post by theoxis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am

Action: Trying to connect Synology Hyper Backup to backup to BLOMP.
Synology Hyper Backup Version: 4.1.1-3758
Procedure followed:
Hyper Backup > + > Folders and Packages > OpenStack Swift > Create backup task [See screenshots]
Issue: The interface won't let me select a Container name. The error indicates the connection isn't stable or the system is busy. I expect this to be that it can't resolve my container (which is the the account email address). I hope this can be troubleshooted / solved as this would be the reason for me to get into a BLOMP subscription.

Or am I doing something wrong in this configuration?

BlompSupport

Re: BLOMP | Synology Hyper Backup

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:15 am

Hello Blomper,

Thank you for bringing the Synology Hyper Backup issue to our attention. Please allow us some time to thoroughly review the matter, and we will promptly provide you with a solution.

Thank you for your patience, and we wish you a good day. :)

Best regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 am

Hello Blomper,

We hope that you are having a great day!

Based on the information provided, it seems that the interface is not allowing you to choose a Container name, and you are receiving an error indicating an unstable connection or a busy system.

For your information, we have reached out to Synology team about this issue, and before moving forward we wanted to make sure that you have done the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned below. We assume that you have completed them all but we need your confirmation as part of the technical support process.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Ensure that your network connection is stable and that there are no ongoing network issues that could be affecting the connection to Blomp.
2. Verify that the credentials you are using to connect to Blomp in Hyper Backup are correct and up to date.
3. Check if there are any specific requirements or limitations when connecting to Blomp using OpenStack Swift in Hyper Backup.

If you have any additional information regarding the issue feel free to send it to us.

We are looking forward to receiving your confirmation that you have completed all the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s

theoxis

Post by theoxis » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

Dear Blomp,

What you describe is correct, I followed and double checked all those steps.

It seems like the Hyper Backup tooling is contacting BLOMP in order to 'receive' the containers that are available for usage. Considering that possibly BLOMP doesn't provide this information, the setup stalls.

When I change (in the code through inspect elements) the dropdown box to a fillout form by editing some HTML to:

Code: Select all

<input type="text" size="20" autocomplete="off" id="ext-comp-2716" name="create_key" syno-ext-id="ext-comp-2716" class="x-form-text x-form-field syno-ux-textfield" aria-describedby="ext-gen5709" aria-readonly="false" aria-required="true" aria-disabled="false" aria-level="2" aria-labelledby="ext-gen5708" style="width: 246px;" aria-invalid="false">
It works and I can basically inject the container name rather than using the dropdown.

Now a solution would be as far as I know either:
A) Synology changes this dropdown box to a fillout form
B) You guys provide once by API requested the container names that are available rather than that the user should supply them

I have no further openstack (api) knowledge so IDK if (B) is possible and a business decision from your side.

Anyway, hope this info helps, thanks for looking into it!

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am

Hello Blomper,

Kudos for your technical knowledge! :)

We appreciate your efforts in completing the troubleshooting steps and providing additional information about the issue as well as two possible solutions.

Please allow us some time to review your inquiry, and we'll be in touch shortly.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

theoxis

Post by theoxis » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 am

Perfect, looking forward to your (eventual) reply/solution.
Happy to see you picked it up straight away and are also proactive in contacting Synology about this 'issue'.

Considering this post got quite some views in a short period I think it must be something more people are running into and are looking for a solution.

After running the 'hacked in' connection as described above, I've managed to run a backup on 3 of my Synology machines. I also experimented with retrieving the backup for one which worked (although, was somewhat slow).

One of the machines has suspended the backup because of an API issue. I will create a separate issue for that so this topic will not be diverted form the main topic.

https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... 66584dc91b

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 am

Hello Blomper,

Happy Monday!

Just wanted to give you a quick update: we're still on the case, working hard to find a solution. And hey, we're also pretty confident that the solution will not only help you but also lots of others dealing with the same thing. We'll be sure to keep you in the loop every step of the way!

Regarding your other open ticket aka https://support.blomp.com/viewtopic.php ... 66584dc91b, we have replied to you there. Kindly check and provide an answer.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm

Hello theoxis,

Can you please send us the model name/serial number of your registered Synology device?

This information helps the support team better understand the context of the issue and provide more targeted assistance.

If you are unsure about the specific model name of your Synology NAS device, you can usually find this information on the physical device itself or in the device's settings interface.

We do understand that this is a more private matter, so feel free to DM it to us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
- Blomp support