Compressed file shows as a folder

thien_an

Compressed file shows as a folder

Post by thien_an » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Dear Blomp Team,

I uploaded a compressed file (.rar) sucessfully, but it shows as a folder and when clicking to this folder name, it keeps showing cjild folders inside "segment" sub-folder.

Please help check with thanks
Attachments
2021-06-27_085229.jpg

debian

Re: Compressed file shows as a folder

Post by debian » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:03 am

This happens sometimes, in my observation I saw it always when I uploaded a file which was segmented like in your case and after it, it took few minutes to seconds until composite file is written on your remote, from that point on you should be able to see it as a file instead of a folder.

It could be also, that you mounted your blomp as drive/folder and then uploads only partially finished, in that case you probably should delete that folder on remote (as example you can do it on dashboard) and reupload file in question.

thien_an

Post by thien_an » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 am

Thank you Debian,

I think the beta version shall be improved much in the future.

Some of my sharing files won't work, i copy the sharing links and send to my friends for test, those link won't work; nothing happens when pasting them in my friends' browsers.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 pm

thien_an wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 am
Thank you Debian,

I think the beta version shall be improved much in the future.

Some of my sharing files won't work, i copy the sharing links and send to my friends for test, those link won't work; nothing happens when pasting them in my friends' browsers.
Did you set the share links as open to all or only to blomp users?

If the files are chunked and the manifest hasn't been uploaded, the files will appear as directories.

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

ivoyko

Post by ivoyko » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:40 pm

mkvs are show like folders too, rename files dont work, files are messed inside cloud and u cant move files and more stuff.
blomp look like a great place but this troubles make this site hard to use :(

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Hey there Blomper.

Thanks for bringing your concerns to us here in the forums. We went back to our development team and made some adjustments. I think you will see magic the next time you visit Blomp.

Let us know and please keep on Blomping!
- Blomp support

Check out our video! Trust me, you're going to blomping love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnAFs3H3bw&t=70s