Bugs - If one has paid plan and invites another person, plan turns to Basic

debian

Bugs - If one has paid plan and invites another person, plan turns to Basic

Post by debian » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Here some more work for you:

- I explained it in one of previous posts, when one has a paid plan and invites a person, then plan turns to basic, capacity however shows correctly (in my case it was 10th, 11th invitation, somebody needs to check if same is reproducable on first 9 invitations).
A screenshot of dashboard after user successfully accepted invitation and confirmed it:

for comparisson, before I invited,:

- we can see in screenshot above that on one storage is shown, on another it is not, this seems to be next small bug, if window size (width/?height?), then storage capacity is not shown, however, if one makes window wide enough, then it shows properly 10T

- since few hours blomp seems to be offline again. I can not connect to blomp with rclone, blomp.com, dashboard and forum work fine. Actually none of blomp accounts works currently. Are you doing some maintenance right now? Here is example for list folders which ends up in "i/o timeout" (I replaced token with XX and email):

Code: Select all

rclone lsd blomp-someuser:
<3>ERROR : : error listing: Get "http://205.134.179.98:8080/v1/AUTH_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/some@user.com?delimiter=%2F&format=json&limit=1000": dial tcp 205.134.179.98:8080: i/o timeout
Failed to lsd with 2 errors: last error was: Get "http://205.134.179.98:8080/v1/AUTH_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/some@user.com?delimiter=%2F&format=json&limit=1000": dial tcp 205.134.179.98:8080: i/o timeout

- For a test, I renamed in a browser Videos folder to videos, since 24 hours only two folders are copied, in first there is a 4G file and in second folder all files except the video which is 40G. It seems that renaming/moving segmented files (file was uploaded via browser) cause some kind of a crash on your backend and we users have no ability to see what is going on if using a browser.

Here additional questions:
- BlompSupport, please confirm that until this bug is resolved, this would not affect storaged files in form that account turns to basic like in described case above and due to system seeing it as basic, would your system then delete files/user? In other words, do you manually delete all non active accounts or does it happen automatically?
- If plan would be technically disabled and dashboard does not lie to me, should I see it under "You have credits and you can use it whenever you want."? As I do see my old 250G plan there, but 10T plan disappeared from overview.
- If turning to basic is not a bug, then please explain if possible why do you change plan type to basic during active plan when one invites a friend?

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: Bugs - If one has paid plan and invites another person, plan turns to Basic

Post by BlompTeam » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:11 am

Your files won't be deleted and we will get it fixed quickly.

I'll check to see if your IP address was blackholed by one of the security processes -- if you have too many simultaneous connections to a server, it times you out for a period of time -- this threshold was set pretty high, but still may not be high enough for people who have changed their rclone or similar settings drastically.

Best,

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

debian

Post by debian » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 am

BlompTeam wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:11 am
Your files won't be deleted and we will get it fixed quickly.

I'll check to see if your IP address was blackholed by one of the security processes
This was my first though, but I can neglect this possibility by simply explaining that I tried several different accounts from several different devices in several different networks, where I use different proxies for each user. None of the accounts worked around 12 hours ago, meaning that my user and other users could not have been banned as they did not upload/download anything.
BlompTeam wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:11 am
if you have too many simultaneous connections to a server, it times you out for a period of time -- this threshold was set pretty high, but still may not be high enough for people who have changed their rclone or similar settings drastically.
rclone.conf is not drastically different but quite the same as your app uses it, I also explained that I used by default 32 transfers and checkers as I did not know the numbers or restrictions, then you posted your log file confirming upload of 10G where you used --transfers 128, this value was then used. I guess it is not too high, used was this in 2 terminal windows:

Code: Select all

rclone sync /local/folder blomp-remote:folder --transfers 128 --checkers 128
Both broke at the same time (if you want I can look up later when exactly blomp went offline/was not reachable). I woke actually up few hours ago and tested lsd command which works, my sync continues right now.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Hello,

I confirmed this bug and have replayed my findings to our payment developer.

Thanks,
BlompSupport

debian

Post by debian » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:15 pm

BlompSupport wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:56 pm
Hello,

I confirmed this bug and have replayed my findings to our payment developer.

Thanks,
BlompSupport
Well, thanks at least for confirmation there was a bug, I got a feeling blomp team does not want to know about bugs.

Honestly, I do not know what I should with your reply. On one side it comes almost a month after it was reported and on other side such late reply is of no value. Unavailable support is the reason why nobody should invite anybody and if somebody paid for plan then there are even bigger issues to which you do not reply at all.

The only thing which I see is Blomp team bumping up some threads explaining how one needs cloud storage but you fail in delivering and you fail to explain users at all how something works, then, if there is bug on your side, you claim everything is ok despite logs telling you exactly what the case is.

As last, do you maybe need more staff? You 100% need support employees and you need real developers and not what you currently have, then, and only then I might check back to see blomp working and could recommend it.

Above might sound like if I am annoyed, I am not, if I would write you honestly what I think, you would call it rude. I brought several customers to you who I not only had to provide full support but also had to explain why the hell you sell a product listing things which you do not deliver and there are several. I see it as a breach and you either should remove things from plan description which do not exist or simply write that they do not exist, like Phone support or support in general.

Regards

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Hello,

This issue has been resolved as of last week when checking in with the developer. Apologies for the late response. We could use more support employees but at this time we are working with limited staff. We will continue to support you and the rest of our customer base as necessary.

Thanks,
BlompSupport