Why was it down

jcrox

Why was it down

Post by jcrox » Sat May 29, 2021 8:31 am

Hey blompers, what just happened earlier. I was unable to access the site earlier

jcrox

Re: Why was it down

Post by jcrox » Sat May 29, 2021 10:01 am

demoaccount wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:25 am
I was hoping they will send email or write here as it was not down, it still is down. Yesterday whole day they were down and their domain did not point to a server, where IP did not change since:

Blomp:

Code: Select all

dig blomp.com +short
yesterday it did not return any IP, they took it out from DNS entry

Dashboard:

dig dashboard.blomp.com +short
same here, yesterday no DNS entry

Blomp.com and dashboard IP's are again online, but I am not sure about storage, this is the error in log file

Post http://205.134.171.23:8080/v1/tokens: dial tcp 205.134.171.23:8080: connect: no route to host
using authenticate.blomp.com:

...Post https://authenticate.blomp.com/tokens: dial tcp 205.134.171.76:443: i/o timeout
...Post https://authenticate.blomp.com/tokens: dial tcp 205.134.171.76:443: i/o timeout

PING 205.134.171.23 (205.134.171.23) 56(84) Bytes Daten.
Von 38.*.*.202 icmp_seq=1 Zielhost nicht erreichbar
Used server for rclone like in a log is not reachable, by that, Blomp is still down as I got no access to files in a setup way, only dashboard shows files, I did not try downloading them or something.

As it was not announced and things still do not work, this probably was a glitch, a bug or somewhere some hardware failure. I doubt domain or something was hijacked, as yesterday servers were not reachable over domain because they took out the entries from DNS (attack or did they do it for maintenance to reduce maybe traffic/calls? I dont know).

All in all, I hoped when they get back online that there will be a message of some decent upgrade. Sadly, there is no such post from blomp team.

@Blomp Team what happened, were you hacked, lost control or simply took the system down for maintenance for some critical issue?
Yes, when it was down I tried checking it via check-host.net and got a response that there wasn't any ip address associated with the domain. I was scared cuz you know, no any advance notification that it is going to be down. I've put most of my file here in blomp. I've been a customer for 2 months and this is the second time it happened but this time isworse, the entire server was down. Though I can access my files and download them, maybe that's a bug on ur side?

jcrox

Post by jcrox » Sat May 29, 2021 10:13 am

I get a .bin file when I download a file, when I open it, it's just weird texts. I think blomp was attacked by a ransomware? I'm no expert in this stuff btw lol

durghan

Post by durghan » Sat May 29, 2021 10:40 am

This is the second time you've seen this in two months? That's not good. It was only the first time I've seen this since signing up in November, however I've had numerous other problems that actually prevented me from using the service at all for almost 5 months. Hopefully whatever the reason was for them being down yesterday, fixes the extreme slowness problems I've been having this week. Though as of right now, even though Blomp Go will load and sign me in, my Z: Drive still isn't mapping so I still can't access my files. very frustrating. Their service is EXACTLY the sort of service I'm in need of, but after 6 months of struggle, I just don't know if I'm willing trust my files with them anymore. Google wants $30 a month for 2TB of Space, and Microsoft OneDrive doesn't offer more than 1TB. For the various software I use, I need a large amount of storage, and I need to be able to map that storage to a drive or my software can't find things.

I know they still have themselves listed as being in Beta, but from what I've found online, they've been in Beta for about 3 years. I'm a developer myself so I know how somethings don't always go according to plan, and I enjoy helping people test their products. But everyone has their limits. I might be reaching mine.

jcrox

Post by jcrox » Sat May 29, 2021 11:12 am

So what's really the reason why I get .bin files
I'd like to know the possibilities. I mean like it could be software/hardware error or something