Why was it down

durghan

Re: Why was it down

Post by durghan » Sat May 29, 2021 11:28 am

Yeah...That is WAY more complicated than I ever want to deal with. haha The absolute ease of Google drive is what I like. Install software, log in, start storing files. And really, it's 2021. Command lines and config files are so 1985. haha

jcrox

Post by jcrox » Sat May 29, 2021 11:35 am

demoaccount wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:20 am
jcrox wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:12 am
So what's really the reason why I get .bin files
I'd like to know the possibilities. I mean like it could be software/hardware error or something
I guess we users/customers can hardly reply to it as we do not have that file. Maybe you could try mounting it later when ip's are reachable and check then there. I do not get bin files, but there are some issues, maybe you you are trying to download some segmented/chunked file, like I said, I have no reply to your question, I can only report that on my account as well as 10 demoaccounts I do not experience this issue, however, all my files were uploaded with rclone, not with blomp (which uses also rclone).

Do you have any other file which you could try, like a video? And do you have hashes of your original files for ability to compare them, maybe uploaded files are corrupt as it happened to me with blomp app, however, files often show also different hashes which are a sign of corrupt file/upload. Please double check so you can be sure it is one and the same file, it is simple, if hashes do not match, then files are different and one need to check when it got different (my assumption is the upload itself).
No, never have I ever get .bin files. I uploaded some templates in my storage and everytime I download them it doesn't give me a .bin file, only now. The only thing that works is my .pwn files (pawn language), pictures videos zips PDFs docs gives me .bin files

durghan

Post by durghan » Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 am

So, your mention of reinstalling WinFSP got me thinking...So I just totally reinstalled BlompGo after a reboot and found that what's actually happening is, my Z: drive simply isn't getting remapped. This was my main problem from over 5 months that made their service useless to me. Finally one of their techs helped me figure out that I had a bunch of file transfers stuck in my C: Drive and that rclone was just still trying to do these file transfers before it would map the drive. So I went in and sure enough there were some files still in C:\Users\dwils\AppData\Local\rclone\vfs\remote\. So I deleted them, restarted Blomp, and I still have no Z: drive. I'm getting beyond frustrated.

durghan

Post by durghan » Sat May 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Holy cow man! I don't even know how to start replying here. Not all "developers" are purely coders. Some of us are far more artistically inclined than technically inclined. It's not that I'm not capable of doing all the things you suggested, it's just that I don't WANT to. It's a lot stuff I've never done before, with tools I've never heard of before so it's (potentially) a lot of learning about things I don't really want to know about. I've been messing with computers for 40 years, worked in I.T. for over 20 years, and working in a command prompt has never been something I've enjoyed so I've simply avoided it as much as possible. It might all be very easy for you, and if I wanted to take the time and sit and learn it, I might even find it easy for me. It's just not what I want to be doing with my day.

Anyway, you wrote a whole lot and I just don't have time to reply to it all, sorry. I know you didn't say to reinstall Blomp, I did it because it installs WinFSP as well. At least I assume it does because I've never even heard of WinFSP prior to using Blomp so I wouldn't have just had it as far as I know. It just saved me the time of going to look for a WinFSP installer since I already had the Blomp installer.

Anyway, for now, I'll keep using my Google Drive and One Drive. At some point if I'm in the mood and have time, or am desperate for more space, maybe I'll give your suggestions a try. But at the moment, I really am just not in the mood for it.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. I really do appreciate it.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:01 pm

demoaccount wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 4:04 pm
authenticiate.blomp.com is back again and works
As you guys figured out, we were taking the long weekend in the US to do some upgrades system-wide. These still present some challenges and we're working out ways to make future upgrades less bumpy.

Thanks so much for your input and patience!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video