Blomp folder size different than source folder

sweetpain

Blomp folder size different than source folder

Post by sweetpain » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:18 pm

Hello,

I have recently created an account to test your service. I simply want to back up a folder with many subfolders and files within it. I am using the blomp client on a Windows 10 laptop. I choose "upload a folder to blomp folder" (root). That went fine so I think. I see my folders and files on the blomp dashboard, however something looks strange. My folder on my laptop is 16GB, but on the dashboard it is showing 422MB. I also have a total of 8k files and 156 folders within the folder I uploaded, however the dashboard is only showing 388 files and folders. What is the cause of this?

Question 2 = is there a way to monitor the upload other than the log file?

Question 3 = is there a way to sync a folder? If not, how do I go about making sure my folder on blomp is up to date after making changes to my source folder on my laptop?

Thank you!

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: Blomp folder size different than source folder

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:10 pm

sweetpain wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:18 pm
Hello,

I have recently created an account to test your service. I simply want to back up a folder with many subfolders and files within it. I am using the blomp client on a Windows 10 laptop. I choose "upload a folder to blomp folder" (root). That went fine so I think. I see my folders and files on the blomp dashboard, however something looks strange. My folder on my laptop is 16GB, but on the dashboard it is showing 422MB. I also have a total of 8k files and 156 folders within the folder I uploaded, however the dashboard is only showing 388 files and folders. What is the cause of this?

Question 2 = is there a way to monitor the upload other than the log file?

Question 3 = is there a way to sync a folder? If not, how do I go about making sure my folder on blomp is up to date after making changes to my source folder on my laptop?

Thank you!
1) We will check for you, but our totals may take some time to fully update, I think some of it is cached.
2) From the BlompLive client, which is what it sounds like, what other method would you like? We are about to release a dramatic improvement for it, so now's a great time to let us know.
3) BlompLive is scheduled to gain some features like that, but BlompGo can do a sync function in coordination with a windows backup or any kind of scheduled job. But we don't do automatic sync'ing (like an automatic backup) function today.

Best,
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video