Verified Email not being verified

donopolis

Verified Email not being verified

Post by donopolis » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:46 am

I sent an invite to an alternate account as a test to see how the process works so I can describe to my group and navigate for them, and after receiving the email to join, I created another account and verified that email address. Its been over a day and it still claims that my second email address is "Unverified" despite me verifying it after signing up.

Additionally, I see zero referral reference, with the only source of proof that I sent an email inv at all being on my main account. The secondary account email showed nowhere that it was a referral. I went in today to removed the "Not Verified" message, and now I can't email the inv again, because the second email is a active user.

How are you supposed to get the upgraded storage capacity? If I'm not able to work this out as a test, I def won't be recommending my group to use this.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: Verified Email not being verified

Post by BlompTeam » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 am

donopolis wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:46 am
I sent an invite to an alternate account as a test to see how the process works so I can describe to my group and navigate for them, and after receiving the email to join, I created another account and verified that email address. Its been over a day and it still claims that my second email address is "Unverified" despite me verifying it after signing up.

Additionally, I see zero referral reference, with the only source of proof that I sent an email inv at all being on my main account. The secondary account email showed nowhere that it was a referral. I went in today to removed the "Not Verified" message, and now I can't email the inv again, because the second email is a active user.

How are you supposed to get the upgraded storage capacity? If I'm not able to work this out as a test, I def won't be recommending my group to use this.
Without specifics, it sounds like you created the account outside of the invite. The invite-to-grow your account feature only works if you use the invite to sign up.

Thanks!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

donopolis

Post by donopolis » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 pm

That is entirely my point. I used the invite link on the email and it sent me to the home page. There was no referral, no other link, just the main page to set up an account.

There was absolutely no way to track that there was a referral by my primary account. I have double and triple checked the email to see if there were any other links, but the only link in the invite is to the sign up via the main page.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:31 pm

donopolis wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 pm
That is entirely my point. I used the invite link on the email and it sent me to the home page. There was no referral, no other link, just the main page to set up an account.

There was absolutely no way to track that there was a referral by my primary account. I have double and triple checked the email to see if there were any other links, but the only link in the invite is to the sign up via the main page.
If you didn't log your primary account out when you clicked on the referral link... the system rightly recognized you as not a new sub.

We tested your account specifically today and invites do work correctly.

Best,

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

donopolis

Post by donopolis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 am

That explains it. That is exactly what happened, then.

Good to know there was a reason for it. Much appreciated

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:47 pm

donopolis wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 am
That explains it. That is exactly what happened, then.

Good to know there was a reason for it. Much appreciated
Thanks for all the detail to help us narrow down what you were seeing!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video