Data Transfer issues

durghan

Data Transfer issues

Post by durghan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Hey there. I just bought a one year subscription fort he 2TB plan because that was very attractive, but I'm starting to wonder if that was such a good idea. I only set up my account yesterday at the suggestion of a friend whos' been using this for a couple weeks. But I've been trying to migrate files from Google Drive to Blomp and it's constantly getting stalled, failing to find the files it's trying to copy, or simply crashing. For example I just started a migration of a folder and it's been sitting at 0% complete showing the name of the file it's copying for over 5 minutes now. The current file in question is less than a megabyte so it's not that it's a large file at all. I have tried this in two different physical locations, my home and my work, and on 3 different computers and each have had the same behavior. My home internet is 300Mb/s and my work is a University, so internet speeds are not the problem. If anything, it appears that the Windows 10 BlompGo software is crashing. Looking at my Windows logs on my work computer now, it may be that my anti-virus is interfereing. Is this a common problem? Why would my Anti-Virus have an ossue with Blomp software? I'll keep investigating my system is now crashing from my last attempt so I'm going to have to go reboot.

BlompSupport

Re: Data Transfer issues

Post by BlompSupport » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:58 am

Hello,

Please let us know which anti-virus you have installed. We have has issues with two vendors in the past blocking our software. Have you tried your online dashboard, or Blomplive for uploading?

Thanks,
BlompSupport

durghan

Post by durghan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi. So, at work we use Sophos, but at home I just have the very basic Windows Defender default running.

I'm using Blomp Go and just copying the folder from my Google Drive to the Z: drive. Should I also have Blomp Live running?

I have not yet tried to upload through the online dashboard. I'll give that a try soon.

Thank you.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 pm

durghan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 pm
Hi. So, at work we use Sophos, but at home I just have the very basic Windows Defender default running.

I'm using Blomp Go and just copying the folder from my Google Drive to the Z: drive. Should I also have Blomp Live running?

I have not yet tried to upload through the online dashboard. I'll give that a try soon.

Thank you.
BlompGo does not require BlompLive or vice-versa.

You may try upgrading to the latest version of WinFSP which BlompGo does depend on. http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/rel/

That might help.

Best,

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

durghan

Post by durghan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Okay, I've uninstalled the existing winfsp, had to reboot and then installed the newer one. For some reason it now insists that my credentials are wrong when logging in.

So, I uninstalled BlompGo and am currently downloading the installer again. It's less that 35 megs in size yet has taken over 15 minutes to download. It's definitely not my internet because just before this I had downloaded and installed Unity which is nearly 12 gigs and took only slightly longer than this.

And well, that finally finished downloading, I installed it, and it still insists my credentials are wrong. And yet I'm able to be here to write this update so I know my credentials are fine.

Now what can I do?

durghan

Post by durghan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm

I downloaded and installed BlompLive and was able to log in to that just fine as well. It's only BlompGo that won't accept my log in.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Hello,

The cleanup process on the uninstallation may be bugged on your machine. Check and see if you are seeing files under C:Program Files (x86)Blomp Go, after you have uninstalled. There is a keyfile which holds your credentials in there, it is possible they were put in once, and got stuck, but this is speculation. Let us know your operating system please.

Additionally, no drive may be mapped to Z:, as this is what BlompGo is hard coded to use.

Thanks,
BlompSupport

durghan

Post by durghan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Okay, so I uninstalled all Blomp products and ensured that there is no Blomp related folders in either C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files(x86)\

I even emptied my trash to be sure.

I downloaded a new BlompGo installer (went much faster today).

Installed BlompGo.

Cannot log in. I get a Blomp Go Error window stating, "Invalid credentials. Please enter correct email and password."

I can log in to the Blomp.com website, BlompLive and the forums without issue though. So, this is very weird. Are credentials stored somewhere in the registry as well or in some other location?

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:53 pm

durghan wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:46 pm
Okay, so I uninstalled all Blomp products and ensured that there is no Blomp related folders in either C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files(x86)\

I even emptied my trash to be sure.

I downloaded a new BlompGo installer (went much faster today).

Installed BlompGo.

Cannot log in. I get a Blomp Go Error window stating, "Invalid credentials. Please enter correct email and password."

I can log in to the Blomp.com website, BlompLive and the forums without issue though. So, this is very weird. Are credentials stored somewhere in the registry as well or in some other location?
Thanks for the update on performance!

They aren't stored anywhere. To my knowledge, we don't store your credentials anywhere on any of the client software currently.

Are you using any weird characters that the Windows OS might be misinterpreting? dashes, greater than/less than signs? We may not be escaping the passwords fully to the command prompt... if we are even putting the password in at the command prompt. I will have to check with our devs if you are using any control characters.

Thanks!

BlompTeam
BlompTeam

---
Blomp
Blomp Music Video

durghan

Post by durghan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Nope, just using letters and numbers. Not even a dash.

I'm just attempting an install on a laptop to see if anything changes.