AVG and G-Data false positives

richard63

AVG and G-Data false positives

Post by richard63 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello.
Seems AVG and G-Data are giving false positives on your site.
I use AVG and the connection to the download section was broken the first time by AVG.
The reason was:
infection with URL:Blacklist

In AVG there is no way around this so I disabled AVG for a minute and Defender gaven no issues.
So I did a check for you in virustotal, which doesn't seem to use AVG anymore, and there also G-Data gave a false positive with as reason "malware".

I don't kow if you guys can do anything about this, maybe contact them or something, but you get questions about this from free or paying user, at least you know they both give notices.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: AVG and G-Data false positives

Post by BlompTeam » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:38 pm

richard63 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:11 pm
Hello.
I use AVG and the connection to the download section was broken the first time by AVG.
The reason was:

In AVG there is no way around this so I disabled AVG for a minute and Defender gaven no issues.
So I did a check for you in virustotal, which doesn't seem to use AVG anymore, and there also G-Data gave a false positive with as reason "malware".

I don't kow if you guys can do anything about this, maybe contact them or something, but you get questions about this from free or paying user, at least you know they both give notices.
Thanks for the heads up! We will contact these vendors and see what we can do to help address this.

Best,

BlompTeam

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:18 pm

BlompTeam wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:38 pm
richard63 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:11 pm
Hello.
The reason was:

Thanks for the heads up! We will contact these vendors and see what we can do to help address this.

Best,

BlompTeam
Following up, AVG has removed the listing and G-Data has told us our website isn't blocked -- but we're still working with them on it.

Best,

BlompTeam

richard63

Post by richard63 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Great news about AVG.

As for G-Data, I don't know if they block the site. But they do mark download.blomp.com as malware.

Maybe you can do something with this link which shows what I'm talking about.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d596 ... /detection
Greetings, Richard.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:34 am

richard63 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:40 pm
Great news about AVG.

As for G-Data, I don't know if they block the site. But they do mark download.blomp.com as malware.

Maybe you can do something with this link which shows what I'm talking about.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d596 ... /detection
thanks! that's going to help!

BlompTeam

richard63

Post by richard63 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:50 pm

I've got an addition. Previously I installed Blomp Live.

Now I wanted to install Blomp Go which did not have issues downloading.
But on installation, AVG again puts a false positive there:
Win32:MdeClass

I verified on Virustotal and only AVG and Dr. Web gave an issue, so file should be fine.
Maybe you can have AVG check and change this too.
Greetings, Richard.

BlompSupport

Post by BlompSupport » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We get additional scrutiny as a somewhat new service, especially as we are offering indefinite free trials users. We will get these warnings removed for BlompGo.

Thanks,
BlompSupport

richard63

Post by richard63 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:57 am

You're welcome.
Indeed as a rather new service with new applications some anti virus company's give extra scrutiny.
But in overall it seems you've done very well, since this moment only 1 or 2 show some false issue.
It's a very nice service you have so I'm glad to be of a bit of help to improve it.
Greetings, Richard.