linux mount location

jungleprophet

linux mount location

Post by jungleprophet » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:19 am

Hi. I'm a new user. I've installed blomp live for linux.
Is the blomp filesystem mounted somewhere as part of my linux filesystem?
I've been able to mount it using rclone and the swift settings given elsewhere in the forum, but it doesn't work as well as expected.
Is setting up rclone the only option? If so, can you help with cache tuning and other parameters to make it work reliably?
Otherwise please explain the best way to access my blomp storage from linux.
Thank you,
JP

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: linux mount location

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 am

jungleprophet wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:19 am
Hi. I'm a new user. I've installed blomp live for linux.
Is the blomp filesystem mounted somewhere as part of my linux filesystem?
I've been able to mount it using rclone and the swift settings given elsewhere in the forum, but it doesn't work as well as expected.
Is setting up rclone the only option? If so, can you help with cache tuning and other parameters to make it work reliably?
Otherwise please explain the best way to access my blomp storage from linux.
Thank you,
JP
Hi JP!

If you want a remote mount, rclone is the best way. With the right buffering settings, its very fast and very stable. We didn't write rclone -- they are an open source project.

The BlompLive client for Linux is a high performance, multi-threaded client with built-in directory caching and others. Are you using the latest version we published within the last week? It does not provide a disk mount, and can run in user-space, and is really designed to augment your desktop experience.

Do you have another feature in mind? Maybe we can add it to our list of features?

Thanks Blomper!