rclone ls subdirectory

franz_webber

rclone ls subdirectory

Post by franz_webber » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:59 am

I'm using my blomp-Account along with rclone. All worked fine till middle of december. Since then I'm experiencing problems when direct listening a subfolder. When I use

Code: Select all

rclone ls blomp:xxx@xxx.com
, contens of my subfolder are listed correctly. But when I use

Code: Select all

rclone ls blomp:xxx@xxx.com/subfolder
the response is
0 subfolder
. I didn't change anything (rclone version or anything like this), so in my opinion something changed on your side? What to do to make this work again?

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: rclone ls subdirectory

Post by BlompTeam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 pm

Without knowing your exact user name we will have some trouble figuring out what error you are seeing.

What we have seen is that some apps that connect directly to our object store do not fully create the folders that are requested... or wait until a file is in them to create the file. The app might show the directory being there, but our object storage doesn't see it because it was never asked to create it.

If you let us know your account name we can see if this is impacting you and we can manually create the folder(s) for you.

Or, you can log in through the web interface and create a new subfolder there and put a file in it... and see if rclone is able to list files in it.

Nothing on our object storage has changed that would impact you, but we know that certain clients have to update their behavior.

thanks so much!

franz_webber

Post by franz_webber » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 am

• You will find my exact user name in direct message
  • I'm not seeing any error, there's just the output "0 fotos_personal" from rclone (fotos_personal is the real name of my subfolder)
  • There are already lots of files in the directory and I can see them in the web interface. I'm also able to see them when listening with rclone without specifying the subfolder directly
Thank you very much, you guys are doing a great job!

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Thank you so much. Your DM box is full of details.

Short answer - we think this is likely an rclone thing, because the WebUI doesn't have the issue and when we create a test folder in the WebUI rclone sees it... but when we try to create the folder in rclone, rclone doesn't complain, but doesn't seem to do anything with it.

You are welcome to use one of our clients, or we'll be glad to put you in the beta program for one of the latest clients (say desktop since that is what you seem to be using)... and the copying/transferring will likely be much faster than rclone.
franz_webber wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 am
  • You will find my exact user name in direct message
  • I'm not seeing any error, there's just the output "0 fotos_personal" from rclone (fotos_personal is the real name of my subfolder)
  • There are already lots of files in the directory and I can see them in the web interface. I'm also able to see them when listening with rclone without specifying the subfolder directly
Thank you very much, you guys are doing a great job!