How to upload multiple files or folders?

garymef16

How to upload multiple files or folders?

Post by garymef16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 am

When uploading my files into Blomp Beta, I am only able to select one file out of a folder at a time. This can take forever if I've got a lot of photos or files I want to upload. Am I missing something??? Must be some way hopefully.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Re: How to upload multiple files or folders?

Post by BlompTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:47 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for using Blomp Beta!

Every platform we've released supports what is called "multi-select" -- which is, as you say, the ability to select and upload multiple files at the same time. Depending on the platform, its usually just ctrl+click or hold your finger to get to the multi-select function.

What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux or Android) and which software (BlompLive [all] or BlompGo [win]) are you using? We can post screen shots for you. If I recall correctly, Android doesn't do multi-folder select until the next version, but multi-file select works today.

Your feedback is invaluable for us to make the service better, easier and more intuitive!

Thanks,

BlompTeam

garymef16

Post by garymef16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks, I installed the Blomp Live for Windows app, and it works as expected. Just not possible from the web Dashboard it seems

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Thank you for noticing!

The file explorer is a new feature. We'll take your note as a feature request. In a few days, we'll get multi-select upload enabled.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for Blomping!

BlompTeam

garymef16

Post by garymef16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm

OK, another question....I also downloaded Blomp Go since I have Windows 7 64 bit and installed it. Installed fine, but when I log in with my email and password, I just get a progress spinner, and then nothing opens. Something wrong here. What are the differences between Blomp Live and Blomp Go?

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 pm

garymef16 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm
OK, another question....I also downloaded Blomp Go since I have Windows 7 64 bit and installed it. Installed fine, but when I log in with my email and password, I just get a progress spinner, and then nothing opens. Something wrong here. What are the differences between Blomp Live and Blomp Go?
That does sound odd. I've reached out to the dev team on Blomp Go to see what more we need to know about your system.

Everything called BlompLive (4 soon to be 5 platforms) is the exact same C++ core engine. It uses a QT interface on the first 4 platforms.

As you saw today, the dashboard explorer is a different engine and is based on the Blomp servers for the most part.

BlompGo is just a wrapper around the open-source rclone program https://github.com/ncw/rclone which is written in Go. rclone is unmodified in any way. My guess is that rclone is having some challenge on your system, but we'll get some questions over to you if you'd like to work with that a bit more.

Thank you!

BlompTeam

garymef16

Post by garymef16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:31 pm

My system is running Windows 7 64 bit Professional edition, all updates current. Had no issues installing it, but the desktop Go program launches but doesn't complete by opening a window as expected. Restarted the PC, tried uninstalling/reinstall Go, but still no window after launch. Just the progress spinner, then nothing. Looked at Processes in Task Manager, there was an instance of Go present, but what happened to it I don't know. If you need more info let me know so we can figure this out.

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

So normally, there is just a quick flag that says the Z: drive has been created, and you can find the storage mounted as a newly created Z: drive.

There is a little Blomp icon in the tool tray when the wrapper is running. The only times we see it hang like that is when there is already a Z: drive present or another rclone mount is already running. Do you have either of those things?

thanks!

BlompTeam

garymef16

Post by garymef16 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 am

No, just the single instance of this only. SOmething else (and I know it can't be right!) was I pulled up my drives in My Computer, the single local disk Z: FUSE-rclone was there along with my other physical drives, but the capacity is listed as 1.00 PB free of 1.00 PB (that's a PETABYTE!!!!!!!!!!) Be nice, but that can't be right......????? I know I should have 20 GB storage

BlompTeam
Site Admin

Post by BlompTeam » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 pm

garymef16 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 am
SOmething else (and I know it can't be right!) was I pulled up my drives in My Computer, the single local disk Z: FUSE-rclone was there along with my other physical drives, but the capacity is listed as 1.00 PB free of 1.00 PB (that's a PETABYTE!!!!!!!!!!) Be nice, but that can't be right......????? I know I should have 20 GB storage
Sooo...

It sounds like it *is* working and storage *is* mounted for you.

Yes, rclone shows 1PB of storage when it mounts Blomp. Yes, you only have 20G with the free account. At 20G you (shouldn't) be able to upload any more. Other than cosmetically looking awesome, this should have no impact on your service. We'd have to modify rclone to read your account settings to make that number change with your account values. We haven't done that, not even sure if its on the road map.

Can you write data to this Z: drive?